Stupid mod preview and question

Ok, I guess that should be "mod preview and stupid question" tongue.gif

I've reworked the Feldgrau Heer uniforms from Super Action Pack™ Vol. 1 to show an open collar, replete with über-stylin' polka-dot scarf. Which will be an option, since I can hear half of you saying "what the Hell?". :D

I've also darkened up the color, although I'm leaving the tint that late-war kind of warm gray.

So the stupid question is: will anyone use this? Is it worth it for me to do the same with the Waffen-SS Feldgrau texture. Gotta keep up with those other modders trying to steal my uniform mod thunder. ;)

I guess I should show a screenshot.

new_uni.jpg

I'd use it Andrew. I've been looking for a replacement for DD's camo smocks. I thought I might have had it w/ Cap Wacky's 'Return to Cas Wolfenstein' feldgrau, but it had no equipment and looked too much like crushed velvet. I didn't want my Krauts sitting by the fireplace with pipe-in-mouth and book-in-hand. :D

If you don't want to send it out, just e-mail it to me.

Oh, and yes, what the hell? ;)

Um, no offence meant, cos you make the greatest stuff, Andrew, but those scarfs remind me a lot of those..., no let me put it this way: As many people still live under the misconception that we Dutch all wear clogs and eat tulips and smoke lots and lots of pot (the last part is in fact true ;) ) that scarf says to me: Frenchman with an alpino, a loaf of bread, some cheese and wine (call me crazy).

Guess what I mean to say is: great uniform, but a good thing the scarf's optional. ;)

Originally posted by Juju:

Um, no offence meant, cos you make the greatest stuff, Andrew, but those scarfs remind me a lot of those..., no let me put it this way: As many people still live under the misconception that we Dutch all wear clogs and eat tulips and smoke lots and lots of pot (the last part is in fact true ;) ) that scarf says to me: Frenchman with an alpino, a loaf of bread, some cheese and wine (call me crazy).

Guess what I mean to say is: great uniform, but a good thing the scarf's optional. ;)

You forgot the Gauloise dangling from the lip :D

Yeah, in the screenshot it kinda looks like a French-guy shirt (for want of a better name). In game it has more of a polka-dot look. I will make the scarf optional. I made a version that has a red&white check, and I will do versions with a shirt and maybe a sweater.

Andrew--

bless you! the open collars look GREAT! I think I asked you about this several months ago, and then I felt guilty about it, because you had already done so much work... but if you're tackling open collars, please, go for it!

I do agree with the other posts that the striped scarf looks a bit wacky. But, come to think of it... what WAS worn under those jackets? Open neck? T-Shirt? Dress shirt with tie?

I have no clue...

keep up the great work!

-joshik

Originally posted by Joshik:

I do agree with the other posts that the striped scarf looks a bit wacky. But, come to think of it... what WAS worn under those jackets? Open neck? T-Shirt? Dress shirt with tie?

I have no clue...

keep up the great work!

-joshik

Aaaaarrrgh! :mad: It's not striped, it's POLKA-DOTTED!!!!!!!!!! ;)

It just looks kinda stripey in the screenshot because of the JPEG compression. Looks much better in the game, honest.

I think I've seen scarves like that worn under the tunic in various photos, illustrations, etc. I do admit that it looks kind of goofy to have all your troops wearing the same scarf. I'll make a version with a shirt, and maybe a sweater.

Originally posted by Joshik:

Andrew--

bless you! the open collars look GREAT! I think I asked you about this several months ago, and then I felt guilty about it, because you had already done so much work... but if you're tackling open collars, please, go for it!

I have no clue...

keep up the great work!

-joshik

A collared shirt, with possibly a field grey v neck sweater - the v neck had a black stripe running through it.

Collarless shirts in either white or field grey were also worn, sometimes with a "collar bind" or detachable collar liner buttoned to the inside of the collar. When done up, this collar liner stuck up over the top of the collar about 1 cm and was in either white or field grey (it was reversible to show either side - for field and for dress use). When the lapels were left open, the end of the collar band would flap outside the

uniform.

Andrew, were you going to comment on my requests?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Andrew, were you going to comment on my requests?

Well, no, I was going to ignore you, Michael. tongue.gif

Actually, if you look at my tan/water smock mod it has a couple egg grenades dangling from the cartridge holders. I kinda like the stick grenade, so it stays, but I can try to tone down the highlights.

I do remember you harassing me about the Feldgrau panzer suit. I recall that you didn't like the gray one that I made so if you are really, really, really nice I might consider altering the color to one more suitable.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Nah, I'll just send it to Maximus instead for that purpose.... tongue.gif

I'll also get him to put the "correct" insignia on it....

:Dbreast3.gif

3pattcoll.gif</font>

Hey--I've got the correct insignia on there, I think. :confused: Now you've got me confused.

Anyhow, all Maximus will do is run the bmps through his unholy "wrinkle filter" or whatever the hell it was... :D