CMBB Unit Database Final version now available

Unless you used a white colored font, the spreadsheet was empty of data, just had some gridlines.....

Ha, it was a white colored font...maybe the background didn't set properly but by changing the font to black I can now see all the data.

Might want to double check that, or maybe it's my settings?

Yeah, I know about the problem. It's mentioned on the site how to correct for it. I created it in MSWorks and then converted the file to Excel. Something apparently doesn't convert properly between the file formats. :( It's annoying, but fixable.

- Chris

Chris, would you object if I created a searchable database web application from the hard work you all did? Appropriate credits would be given of course. I think it would be neat to quickly pull up a list of say, all armor who's main gun is at least 45mm and who's front armor is at least 30mm with a minimum speed of 25mph and a psi of 10 or higher. Stuff like that. Maybe combine this with the screenshots that Garry Kump has taken (or do my own) for visual images to go along with the data. Would anybody find any use for this?

Well, if you really want to, feel free. Sounds like an awful lot of work, though. smile.gif But be aware that I'm still finding typos and still have yet to do the gun penetration charts and infantry FP. So I'm not sure when it'll be "done". And it's possible a few things may change with the upcoming patch too.

But that's fine by me. Knock yourself out. smile.gif

- Chris

Actually, you guys did all the hard work, I just have to import the data into a database and build the pages that will have the search queries on them. I can import new data as you come out with it.

I am splitting up some of your cells where data is combined so that they can be searched upon individually. I don't know, it's a bit of work but could be fun (I do this for a living anyways). I'll see how the response is here as to whether or not people would actually use such a thing. smile.gif

The second installment has now arrived!!!

I've added the gun penetration tables to the charts and fixed a number of errors (mostly typos).

Changes:

* Added gun penetration tables including blast values for all guns and availability dates for special rounds (tungsten, hollow charge).

* Added rate of fire for all weapons.

* Fixed tungsten, hollow charge, and AP availability for a handful of vehicles.

* Added Romanian Pz38t. Ooops. redface.gif

* Added/corrected anti-aircraft listing for all AA-capable (and incapable) units.

* Added better identification for some guns in both charts.

* Fixed numerous typos too -erm-, well, numerous to mention. ;)

Get 'em while they're hot!

- Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sigurd:

*Bump*

Do you mind if I make a french translation of your very good work ? The translated database would be hosted on the french CM community site Appui-Feu

Thanks guys! Glad you find them useful.

Sure, you're free to translate it if you feel it would be very helpful. But be aware that I really hate doing the host-your-pages-on-another-site thing. I've done it before and don't care to repeat the experience. So I won't be emailing updates every time I change something. I'll just be updating my own stuff and not worry about what happens to other versions. Sorry. :(

But you might want to wait until atleast the 1.01 patch arrives, It'll contain some changes that I'll add.

And I'm currently working on the infantry charts which are a lot more work than I anticipated. They won't be done for a while.

- Chris

Originally posted by Winterhawk:

The effort is much appreciated Wolfe. Well done.

Question. Does anyone know how to enable the top 2 rows to serve as a header that remains visible as you scroll down the page?

On tools bar: Window --> Split then drag the line up under the 1st row.

Originally posted by Sigurd:

Thanks Wolfe.

Don't worry, I'll check myself for the updates and so on, I won't bother in anyway you with it. I'll just pick the updates like the average CM player, so glad to find such great stuff !...

Ok, cool. Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh in my last post. Didn't mean to. smile.gif

The Oak wrote:

I couldn't open it in Excel Office XP. Is this an older file? It should open in Office XP...

At all? It comes as a zip file, so the files need to be extracted first. I assume you knew that, but just in case. And once you get them unzipped, you'll probably need to choose a font or font color for the page to be able to see the text in Excel. It doesn't convert properly, unfortunately. :( Hope that helps.

If nothing works, you could download the free viewer: Windows Excel Viewer.

- Chris