QB generator in CM BB, are there any changes to that, then ?

You'll be able to import maps to the QB generator in CMBB. So yes, you will be able to create a map with flags and all and then play it as a QB.

I don't quite understand your question regarding points.

You can set the max points in QBs already in CMBO.

BTW this has recently been asked and answered so I humbly suggest a search. ;)

[edit: Lol wwb! :D ]

[ July 22, 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

You'll be able to import maps to the QB generator in CMBB. So yes, you will be able to create a map with flags and all and then play it as a QB.

I don't quite understand your question regarding points.

You can set the max points in QBs already in CMBO.

BTW this has recently been asked and answered so I humbly suggest a search. ;)

[edit: Lol wwb! :D ]

Para, do you know whether we will be able to mix experience types (or have the option to so do). I mean, It would be nice to buy some conscripts for my defensive line and back them with a small core of crack or veteran troops.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Steve, good question. I don't think this has been answered en detail before. That surely would give the player some interesting options.

I think I recall something like this, since quite a some people complained that, for example, you can only mix regulars/vets, but not regulars/greens.

Anyone knows some facts about this one?

[ July 22, 2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

This is just pure speculation, but perhaps CMBB will have an option to have "unrestricted" force quality as an option (much like several other options that currently can be set to unrestricted in CMBO). This way, you can have your green defensive troops with the crack reinforcement you so desire. Or the vet tank platoon with the regular troops, but elite AT teams, or whatever. . .

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

This is just pure speculation, but perhaps CMBB will have an option to have "unrestricted" force quality as an option (much like several other options that currently can be set to unrestricted in CMBO). This way, you can have your green defensive troops with the crack reinforcement you so desire. Or the vet tank platoon with the regular troops, but elite AT teams, or whatever. . .

Absolutely. This would obviate the need for third party force purchasers entirely (one of the reasons, as I understand it, for allowing imported maps in QBs.)

I also wonder whether the QB will allow you to schedule your own reinforcements (or allow them to be made randomly). THat would be an interesting improvement, particularly given the new feature allowing pre-game preparatory barrages. If I am going to have a force with light vehicles or infantry, I sure would like the option of bringing them on the map in turn five instead of turn one, you know?

Steve

I'm not absolutely sure of the details, but most of the time you'll be limited to a range of experience levels (conscript/green, regular/green, regular/veteran, veteran/crack, etc.) but there might be an unrestricted range to allow a much greater range of experience levels. In addition to that some (a small fixed ratio) randomly selected units get assigned experience levels above and below the median experience level to prevent a purely homogeneous force.

Hi everyone !

Don't forget that in CMBB there will be physical fitness for the troops involved... so players will be able to simulate veteran german troops at stalingrad in a bad physical shape (tired, hungry) or conscript soviet soldier but in excellent physical shape, basically farm and kolkohz guys. Sothere may be an option for that too in QB.

What I would like to have is the ability to edit randomly generated maps in QBs. That way, you wouldn't have to go through all the hassle of designing one from scratch, but could take whatever the program chucked out and change a feature or two here and there.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

What I would like to have is the ability to edit randomly generated maps in QBs. That way, you wouldn't have to go through all the hassle of designing one from scratch, but could take whatever the program chucked out and change a feature or two here and there.

Michael

CMBO already offers that ability in the scenario editor. Generate the map, edit it slightly, then save it. In CMBB, you will then be able to import that map into a QB.

Steve

IIRC there aer unrestricted options for troop experience and also for force type.

Moreover IIRC there's 2 different force selection criteria - one is the type of division you're troops are from, the other is the actual type of the troops themselves.

For example the mechanised infantry in a Guards Tank Corps (ie Division) may be different from the mechanised infantry in a Guards Mechanised Corps.

This is implicit in CMBO because there are far fewer types of troops to be handled.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Michael

CMBO already offers that ability in the scenario editor. Generate the map, edit it slightly, then save it. In CMBB, you will then be able to import that map into a QB.

Steve</font>

You have to go to the editor FIRST. Hit the map button. There is an option to "autogenerate." Edit it, save it. Then you can buy some troops (allied need to buy first) send it to an opponent who opens the editor and buys german troops. Save, and you're ready to go. Just have to trust that the German player won't peek.

It's very cool.