Need help with CMMOS

For two days now I have been trying to make CMMOS work. The CMBO part works splendidly, but the CMBB is another story. I start CMMOS, select CMBB and then the **** hits the fan "Barbarossa to Berlin Exe not found!", okay deep breath and use the open file dialog to locate and select CMBB Exe from my CMBB install folder. Then I press configure, select Rule Sets (only see CMBO rule sets appear?), select Add and browse to the folder where the rule sets are placed, click on one of them and only hear a ping. Nothing happens, no automatic download, nothing. Same thing with Mods.

I fully realize I'm making some very stupid mistake somewhere, but can't put my finger on it exactly. So please, help me.

Originally posted by aragorn2002:

For two days now I have been trying to make CMMOS work. The CMBO part works splendidly, but the CMBB is another story. I start CMMOS, select CMBB and then the **** hits the fan "Barbarossa to Berlin Exe not found!", okay deep breath and use the open file dialog to locate and select CMBB Exe from my CMBB install folder.

An open file diolag box appears and you browse to the CMBB folder and select the exe. Good stuff...

Then I press configure, select Rule Sets (only see CMBO rule sets appear?),

Yes

select Add and browse to the folder where the rule sets are placed, click on one of them and only hear a ping. Nothing happens, no automatic download, nothing. Same thing with Mods.

I fully realize I'm making some very stupid mistake somewhere, but can't put my finger on it exactly. So please, help me.

Ok You click on the rule set, it become highlighted in the File Name dialog box and then you click open, is this right? If it is it should work (I am doing it right now)Are the file down loaded fully/ properly?

...Then I press configure, select Rule Sets (only see CMBO rule sets appear?), select Add and browse to the folder where the rule sets are placed, click on one of them and only hear a ping...

Aragorn, it doesn't sound right to me that the CMBO rulesets are appearing when you go to Configure. They should only appear if you are using CMMOS/CMBO, otherwise the list should be empty. Are you sure that you have "Barbarossa to Berlin" selected in the dropdown box in the right corner of the main CMMOS screen?

The *ping* you are hearing is the CMMOS error sound, which you would get if you tried adding CMBB rulesets or mods to CMBO.

- Old Dog

[ November 20, 2002, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]

Yes, the files are definitely downloaded fully and I'm absolutely certain I select CMBB in the dropdown box. And the rule sets are zip files with names such as "Rule 001-001 zip", aren't they? And they do not need to be unzipped, if I'm not mistaken?

(Before I forget; thanks for your help, I highly appreciate it)

Yes, the files are definitely downloaded fully and I'm absolutely certain I select CMBB in the dropdown box. And the rule sets are zip files with names such as "Rule 001-001 zip", aren't they? And they do not need to be unzipped, if I'm not mistaken?

The rule sets are named things like Zimnly_Kamuflyazh_ruleset.

Did that make a differnce?

If you are seeing files like "Rule 001-001.zip", then you have already unzipped either a ruleset or a mod. Files with these sorts of names are internal zip files that are inside the zip file containing the mod/ruleset. Nothing should be done with the mods and rulesets except downloading them prior to installing. Do you maybe use a download program that has an automatic unzip option?

- Old Dog

The rule sets are named things like Zimnly_Kamuflyazh_ruleset.

Did that make a differnce?

It didn't. I tried the same procedure, but this time with the external zip files, but the same "ping" is sounding.

Do you maybe use a download program that has an automatic unzip option?

Yes, but even when I tried to install the external zip files it still doesn't work.

:cool:

I've the same problem and I've found the SOLUTION in an other post (sorry, I don't remember who and where).

The problem is the european CDV version that has not the "Barbarossa to Berlin.exe" file but an exe file named "CombatMission2.exe", so CMMOS can not find the right exe file to work.

You have to make a copy of your "CombatMission2.exe" file in your CMBB folder and rename it "Barbarossa to Berlin.exe".

So, with the original "CombatMission2.exe" the game can work and with the new "Barbarossa to Berlin.exe", CMMOS can work too.

I've thinked to post it for everyone that have not seen the original post.

But is better Gordon make a little patch for it.

Bye.

Funkybax smile.gif

so far to get it to work with the european version which I have got

there are 2 things

1) as mentioned find your CMBB folder and copy the CombatMission2.exe and rename copied file Barbarossa to Berlin.exe

2) dont unzip any of the downloads (either rulesets or mods). I dont know what unzipping and rezipping with winzip did to them but none would work until I redownloaded the originals

hope this helps

would it be worth saying DONT Unzip or lose the original Zipfiles on the CM HQ page??

Yes, the re-naming of the exe file did the trick. Thanks. Now another question. I go to (for instance) Rule set Winterfahrzeuge dunkelgrau, select "Apply" for "This icon will modify all dunkelgrau German vehicle graphics for which applicable mods are installed." and apparently the chance is performed. It should be white washed, shouldn't it? Then I go to the game and see nothing has changed. I need your help once more.

Yes, the re-naming of the exe file did the trick. Thanks. Now another question. I go to (for instance) Rule set Winterfahrzeuge dunkelgrau, select "Apply" for "This icon will modify all dunkelgrau German vehicle graphics for which applicable mods are installed." and apparently the chance is performed. It should be white washed, shouldn't it? Then I go to the game and see nothing has changed. I need your help once more.

Aragorn, the winter whitewashed sets that have been released so far is for the early war (gray) German vehicles only - the later war sets are in test. So, first, make sure that you have an early war scenario selected. As Funkybax says, you also have to have snow on the ground for CMBB to load the whitewashed versions.

Finally, did you download all (6) sets of the whitewashed early German vehicles? Because there was so much, it broken down into ACs, AGs, guns, trucks & HTs, and (2) sets of tanks - about 60 meg in all. Each one gets installed separately in the Mod tab of the Configure window after you install the ruleset (think the 2 part tank set all goes in as one mod, though).

- Old Dog

And now, thanks to Gordon, I'm also smiling from ear to ear. Thanks Gordon, for your great help by email which solved my problems. Thanks for your patience and time.

And also thanks to you who reacted on my requests for help. You have a great community here. Combat Mission forever!!