Shooting Prisoners

Originally posted by laxx:

yes, same here. shooting fleeing troops caused the captured company commander in front to be shot. The russians shouted some phrase that *sounded* a little like "massed execution", but i believe has different meaning.

Do you know what wav number it was or maybe how did it sound like using english letters, I'm a translator(learning to be :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by Mikser:

It is certainly possible to kill surrendered units via Area Fire, but it would be even more interesting if rattled units or some such would spontaneously relieve some of that battlefield pressure on hapless enemy units. :D

It is funny that you should mention this. Last night during a quick battle allied assault, I, as the Soviet commander, saw just that. A tank that I flanked the main position of the German defense had captured a MG42 crew, the standard 1 man ok 5 casualities. The 34 then knocked out a pillbox that had been chewing up 3 squads of pioneers for the last turn turns. The crew from the pillbox jumped out, was blasted and then also surrendered.

When the 3 squads that were being shot at by the pillbox made there way up the hill they promptly killed the captured men. Oh well, Russian justice I assume.

There is a bug that I reported where a captured leader will continue to show a command line to troops in his unit that are not captured.

The command line provided enough information for me to lob in enough mortor rounds to kill the leader that was captured by the AI.

I didn't check whether or not the mortor got credit for killing the leader.

And yah it's gamey - but it was vs. the AI and I was interested to see if it could be done.

[Edited because I can't spell worth a damn.]

[ December 15, 2002, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Sitting Duck ]

Small arms fire sometimes seems to go a little off target.

I saw several prisoners being shot by my squads who aimed at nearby enemy squads, but I also saw a jeep being knocked out although it was out of LOS (only nationality symbol), as my infantry shot another jeep a little left of the first one I mentioned. Rather realistic I´d say, though that jeep could only have been hit by some ricochets from the second jeep or from the road... :rolleyes:

[ December 16, 2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]