Who Wants Another Newbie Tournament?

First, I am not offering to run another tournament. As much as I would like to do it, there is a limit to how much I can do. :eek:

I have received several inquiries about when the next one will be and all I can say is I don't know. I do know I most likely will not have the time to run another one.

So, I am wondering if a few brave souls would be willing to take the baton. It is really not all that bad if two or three people do it. One would be the administrator and two would take care of scenario design. I would be happy to be the tournament consultant if that would be helpful.

I must admit the experience has been a lot of fun for me and I suspect the Newbies have been enjoying themselves too.

Any takers?

SuperTed, can I volunteer members of the Peng Challenge Thread without their knowledge or permission?

I mean, if you just start sending them emails about what they need to do and when, they'll probably just assume they agreed to the whole project while they were drunk and go with it...

Oh, no ya don't, Seanachai. I may have been drinking, but not I wasn't that drunk.

And if you've got it in mind for a quest, forget it. I'll turn on you. Maybe open the door for Sir Yeknodathon late one night. Then you'll be sorry.

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

MBT = mutha beautiful thread. (sp?)

Awww, I feel like an idiot, but muthan

and sp?</font>

Well, as someone who has certainly gotten a lot out of the current newbie tourney, I'd be happy to lend whatever assistance I can to the next round.

Realistically, I'm probably better off helping with the administrative side of things - I have just started dabbling in scenario creation myself, so I'm probably still a ways away from being able to provide scenarios good enough to be used in the competitive setting.

When and if it gets going, let me know and I'll help however I can.

Cheers,

YD

Scenarios will have to be made. I would be keen to use the Nabla scoring system (with his permission of course) so scenarios are easier to make. They still have to be good though ;)

Super Ted Can you email me some details about number of players etc so I can make a start on the planning of the new torny.

Cpl Carrot

Well yesterday I got an email from Ted and asked if the Combat Scenario Design Team could do the battles, and I think we will be able to so, I will get back to you on this soon.

[ May 11, 2002, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Well yesterday I got an email from Ted and asked if the Combat Scenario Design Team could do the battles, and I think we will be able to so, I will get back to you on this soon.

P-Man,

You da man! :D

Well (I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes) if Panzer Leader & Co can handle the scenarios then I am more than happy to do the admin stuff.

Btw I have a scenario that I have been working on for the past six odd months that might be able to be used.

Cpl Carrot

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Well (I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes) if Panzer Leader & Co can handle the scenarios then I am more than happy to do the admin stuff.

Cpl Carrot

Good God, man, that's Panzerman, Panzerman! Not Panzer Leader!

They're quite different. One is offering to design scenarios, and the other is my former Squire.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Cpl Carrot

Good God, man, that's Panzerman, Panzerman! Not Panzer Leader!

They're quite different. One is offering to design scenarios, and the other is my former Squire.</font>