I gotta ask (CMBB distribution)

I'm sorry if I'm not completely up-to-date on the matter, but I've just read that CMBB will be distributed across most of Europe, but does that mean it will be on the shelves in some countries like the retail version of CMBO is now, or are we looking at a normal big release like most games do? If so, will we see it in Central Europe, particulary Slovenia (I'm sure Ales Dvorak wants to know this too :D )?

Originally posted by SS_Obergruppenführer:

(I'm sure Ales Dvorak wants to know this too <ahttp://community.battlefront.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> )?

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=0 25451;p=4

Zivjo!

Fajn te je spet videt.

-------

Slovenia = US version CMBB

[ July 12, 2002, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Ales Dvorak ]

Originally posted by Moon:

It will be a Big Release, but in Western Europe only. Slovenia won't see the game on the shelves (yet).

Martin

Any hint on the release time of the game/demo? Will the demo come out a week or 2 before the game release or the game will be released then the demo will come out. It would be nice to play the demo a few times before my game arrives. ;)

Western Europe includes Greece, yes. Here's a complete list - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, BeNeLux, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Greece. If you're not on this list, you're not in CDV territory - or you're too small to be named, sit down, you from Liechtenstein...

Slovenia looks like a big country! At least if we're looking at this thread - 3 Slovene people here. Send a few copies in Slovenia, too, I don't want to abuse my credit card. Nah, I'm just nagging. I'll better get some beer. Roight!

Originally posted by Moon:

Western Europe includes Greece, yes. Here's a complete list - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, BeNeLux, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Greece. If you're not on this list, you're not in CDV territory - or you're too small to be named, sit down, you from Liechtenstein...

So it's EU + the two renegades ;) . Would have saved you some trouble to say so from the beginning, Western Europe is pretty vague consept.

Too bad, I was hoping otherwise...

Three of us? Wow! It looks like just a matter of days before we start nagging to you about inclusion of Slovene East Front Drafted Übertruppen (well, actually Greif Division was quite full of us Slovenes).

Cheers.

[ July 12, 2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: SS_Obergruppenführer ]

Originally posted by Porajkl:

And there was also one man worth to mention, a German tank ace (but Slovene origin, judging by his name) Hugo Primozic with over 60 kills.

He should better join Slovenian Partisan forces, traitor!

Funny, he was "lower" Slavic race, but they appraised him.

http://www.militarygameronline.com/Panzer/primozic.html

Now THAT is amazing! Didn't know about this guy! :D But seriously, the partisans didn't have more than trucks, so what use could he have been if they didn't have any StuGs? :D

The Slovenes earned over a thousand Iron Crosses 2nd Class and 50 Iron Crosses First Class in the Wehrmacht. I don't think they really cared who was fighting for them, as long as he was wearing feldgrau. smile.gif I think the masses of Croats, Slovenes, French, Turks, Latvians, etc. prove that.

And there was also one man worth to mention, a German tank ace (but Slovene origin, judging by his name) Hugo Primozic with over 60 kills.

What makes you believe he was Slovenian or Slavic? In which town was he born? (I'm just curious)

P.S.: Not that it matters. Just imagine - 'Scipio' was an Italian!!! ;)

[ July 12, 2002, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

For you red ba$%! who leave E of the iron curtain there is no early CMBB release…

As a matter of fact, it will have a different name, it will be called CMGPW (Great Patriotic War) and it will cost you 1 zillion “rubbles”! :D

Originally posted by Scipio:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Porajkl:

What makes you believe he was Slovenian or Slavic? In which town was he born? (I'm just curious)

P.S.: Not that it matters. Just imagine - 'Scipio' was an Italian!!! ;) </font>

I looked him up and he is mentioned as a Slovenian in one of our history books (Vojna Zgodovina by Janez J. Švajcner) so he was definetly ours.

By the way, Slovenia was never behind the Iron Curtain and I resent being called a commie coz' I hate the little reds. Buy me a beer and I just might forgive you though... :D

I'm from Slovenia and his surname is a Slovenian one. I can tell that quite sure. But I don't have any data about his birth place or anything else.

Well, 'Hitler', 'Eichmann' or 'Goeth' sounds very German, but they were all from Austria, while 'Schimanski' sounds Polish or 'Desgronte' sounds Fresh, but all are 'good German names' smile.gif .

Another nice story about names, Einstein once said: 'If my theories should be right, the Germans will say that I'm German, and the French will say I'm European. If they are wrong, the Germans will say I'm yew, and the French will say I'm German'. :D

What does it mean? Mostly that I'm bored, because I still have to wait 9 weeks for CMBB. :(