By the pricking of my thumb, something CMMOS this way comes

Gordon, hi,

I would just like to add my thanks for all the work. In the days of CMBO I did use a lot of Mods, but not your program. A couple of days ago I did download and install CMMOS4.0 and am shocked by how well it all works. Great stuff.

On last point. The only disadvantage of the Mods in CMBO was the different finfish they all had. What I like about the CMMOS Mods for CMBB is that they appear to be to a similar finish, i.e. they go together well. This is an important plus, in my view.

Thanks,

All the best,

Kip

Mac Users Only

This will allow us Mac users to use the CMMOS file sets without having to manually remove each and every " _dirty" from the file names so what we are left with are simple "34500.bmp" file names.

If you have Mac Os Ten installed on your computer you are all set.... if not, you somehow need to get this file (its really really small)

Follow this path ( you don't need to be in OS

Ten to do this)

Hard drive / Library / Scripts / Finder Scripts.

Within the folder "Finder Scripts" you will find a script called Replace Text in Item Names.scpt

-Grab this file and copy it to your desktop

-Find the application called

Script Editor on your hard drive

-Open the application

-Open the script you just copied onto your desktop ( a little box should appear with buttons that resemble an old school MP3 app)

-Make sure whatever CMMOS folder you downloaded is on the desktop as well.

-Open the CMMOS folder ( any of the folders you downloaded) * Make sure this is the only folder opened on the desktop.

-Now press the run button on the Script editor application

-A small dialogue box will open asking you to find the text you want to remove. If you downloaded all the dunkelgrau dirty BMPs you will type in the dialogue box

_dirty then press OK.

-Another dialogue box will pop up asking you what you want to replace that text with. Since we don't want anything to replace the text, we type nothing (leave it blank) and Press OK

Script editor will start to convert your file names (it should take 45 sec for 300 files)

Voila. You are now a happy mac user and you no longer have to shake your fist at Gordon Molek for working so hard on something you can't use....yet

If I'm not clear and this doesn't make sense to you or you are deprived of this file, e-mail me.

Originally posted by kipanderson:

Gordon, hi,

I would just like to add my thanks for all the work. In the days of CMBO I did use a lot of Mods, but not your program. A couple of days ago I did download and install CMMOS4.0 and am shocked by how well it all works. Great stuff.

On last point. The only disadvantage of the Mods in CMBO was the different finfish they all had. What I like about the CMMOS Mods for CMBB is that they appear to be to a similar finish, i.e. they go together well. This is an important plus, in my view.

Thanks,

All the best,

Kip

Kip,

Well I had to whip a bunch of modders to get 'em to cooperate. :D Actually, I've been pleasantly suprised by the level of cooperative modding that has been achieved. In my opinion everyone wins when modders cooperate.

Gordon

Gordon

Originally posted by Saturnin:

:eek: :eek: your numbers :eek: :eek: , yours number in the Panther are in good sens :eek: :confused:

Saturnin,

Yes, as others may soon realize, the Panther VD (early) is blessed with both left and right turret side BMPs, so numbers/tactical markings don't suffer the "mirror image" problem. The Churchill III also receives this blessing. smile.gif

Gordon

When I tried to switch to the new Reichstadt mod I got the message

" T progress Bar out of range "

Yes, I also got this message, but with JuJu's Small Arms mod. Haven't tried installing V4.01 over my current V4.00 installation yet, but will do that soon...

ianc

Originally posted by bob9017:

Gordon,

I installed 4.1 and added the rulesets and mods.

When I tried to switch to the new Reichstadt mod I got the message

Can you tell me what this means?

Usually that means there's a discrepency between the various configuration files (e.g., the rule file, the filelist file(s) and the mod files).

Please reproduce the problem and e-mail me a copy of the file CMMOSLog.txt at "gordonemolek@poboxes.com".

Ianc,

Can you do the same?

Thanks,

Gordon

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

How do I add the new rulesets? Just create new folders where the others are? How do I find out the proper numbers for them?

Click on the "Configure" button, select the rule-set tab, click on add, select the rule-set's zip file and click "Open".

Gordon

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Mac Users Only

This will allow us Mac users to use the CMMOS file sets without having to manually remove each and every " _dirty" from the file names so what we are left with are simple "34500.bmp" file names.

If you have Mac Os Ten installed on your computer you are all set.... if not, you somehow need to get this file (its really really small)

Follow this path ( you don't need to be in OS

Ten to do this)

Hard drive / Library / Scripts / Finder Scripts.

Within the folder "Finder Scripts" you will find a script called Replace Text in Item Names.scpt

-Grab this file and copy it to your desktop

-Find the application called

Script Editor on your hard drive

-Open the application

-Open the script you just copied onto your desktop ( a little box should appear with buttons that resemble an old school MP3 app)

-Make sure whatever CMMOS folder you downloaded is on the desktop as well.

-Open the CMMOS folder ( any of the folders you downloaded) * Make sure this is the only folder opened on the desktop.

-Now press the run button on the Script editor application

-A small dialogue box will open asking you to find the text you want to remove. If you downloaded all the dunkelgrau dirty BMPs you will type in the dialogue box

_dirty then press OK.

-Another dialogue box will pop up asking you what you want to replace that text with. Since we don't want anything to replace the text, we type nothing (leave it blank) and Press OK

Script editor will start to convert your file names (it should take 45 sec for 300 files)

Voila. You are now a happy mac user and you no longer have to shake your fist at Gordon Molek for working so hard on something you can't use....yet

If I'm not clear and this doesn't make sense to you or you are deprived of this file, e-mail me.

Mac OS9 Users can find this script on their System CD, under CD extras and Applescripts.

Originally posted by ianc:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />When I tried to switch to the new Reichstadt mod I got the message

Yes, I also got this message, but with JuJu's Small Arms mod. Haven't tried installing V4.01 over my current V4.00 installation yet, but will do that soon...

ianc</font>

Originally posted by Gordon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Splinty:

BTW, could you consider CMMOSing your Camo Ram Kanga?

Actually, it can be used with the multi-vehicle rules as is, but I will be posting CMMOS updates of several of the old "batch file" mods soon.

Gordon</font>

Originally posted by Splinty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gordon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Splinty:

BTW, could you consider CMMOSing your Camo Ram Kanga?

Actually, it can be used with the multi-vehicle rules as is, but I will be posting CMMOS updates of several of the old "batch file" mods soon.

Gordon</font>

Originally posted by Gordon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

How do I add the new rulesets? Just create new folders where the others are? How do I find out the proper numbers for them?

Click on the "Configure" button, select the rule-set tab, click on add, select the rule-set's zip file and click "Open".

Gordon</font>

ianc,

Bob's problem was apparently solved by re-installing CMMOS v4.01 over top of his previous installation. You might want to try that. If you have a decent speed connection and still have your original CMMOS_v4.01.exe download and can mail it to me, I can compare it to my "master" copy to see if there is a corruption issue.

Hi Gordon,

I think this is just a V4.00 issue. I installed V4.01 directly over the top of my V4.00 installation (which went without a hitch), then re-added Juju's mode and it worked fine. Thanks for your excellent post-sale support Gordon! :D

Take care and thanks again,

ianc

Originally posted by ianc:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />ianc,

Bob's problem was apparently solved by re-installing CMMOS v4.01 over top of his previous installation. You might want to try that. If you have a decent speed connection and still have your original CMMOS_v4.01.exe download and can mail it to me, I can compare it to my "master" copy to see if there is a corruption issue.

Hi Gordon,

I think this is just a V4.00 issue. I installed V4.01 directly over the top of my V4.00 installation (which went without a hitch), then re-added Juju's mode and it worked fine. Thanks for your excellent post-sale support Gordon! :D

Take care and thanks again,

ianc</font>