Grass mod

Tiger

tremblanttribute2.jpg

Toned down a little bit. I think I like it better not so washed out.

Unfortunately it's just over 10 megs for the bmp grass files 1550 through 1569. I've cut them into 2 zips, 1550-1559 (4.9 megs) and 1560-1569(5.3 megs) which is more than my ftp allows redface.gif

-john

[ September 27, 2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Originally posted by fwilli001:

Ok newbie mod question here. I have been playing the game for over a year, but have never modded.

Which grass bmbs are the higher elevation and which the lower? Does it go 1550 is high and decends into 1569? or vice versa? ...or none of the above? :confused:

1550 is the lowest elevation and 1569 is the highest.

- Old Dog

Guys, make sure you check your grass mods in all light conditions, as it can look very different at dusk or in the dark.

I played with the patchy grass idea myself buy found that the pattern became too repetitive on a flat landscape. I only had so much time to spend on it though, so Im sure youl come up with something workable Tiger smile.gif

Dan

Guys, make sure you check your grass mods in all light conditions, as it can look very different at dusk or in the dark.

I played with the patchy grass idea myself buy found that the pattern became too repetitive on a flat landscape. I only had so much time to spend on it though, so Im sure youl come up with something workable Tiger

Yeah I noticed that Kwazydog tongue.gif

My solution was to flip the textures around every bmp to try and avoid most of the repetitiveness.

Texture was flipped normal, then horizontal, then vertical then both h&v at the same time, then back to normal, down the list of grass bmps.

I tried using different texture sizes on each bmp but that makes it look really weird.

At night the textures look kind of funky but not unacceptable.

I was tired last night and thought the steppes looked too pinkish mabey. I'll fix that when I get off work today.

ed-I changed back to the slightly subdued look too after converting them back to, umm normal cartoon-color to compare :D

-john

[ September 28, 2002, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

summerwheat.jpg

Summer wheat mod.

I have winzip and can break them down into 5-6 meg zips, though I think they'd be too big for e-mail still. I can post them on my ftp, 1 zip at a time (I only have 10 megs) and switch to the next zip once you get them downloaded.

-john