PR Fumble?

Want attention from the twitch crowd? Here's a marketing suggestion:

Get yourself a nice glossy stock box for the game that had a scantily clad woman holding a handgun. Works every time. May I suggest you also change the game name to CMBB -- Combat Mission Buxom Brunettes!

Nobody ever lost money shooting for the Lowest Common Denominator -- Ah, another name suggestion! CMLCD!

Re. the "Twitch Crowd" comment, people are not exclusively FPSers or CMers.

CM appeals to me most of the time, but every now and then, I love digging my teeth into a new shooter. It depends on my mood.

This does support the price point that BTS has chosen, though: I've been playing one strategy game, CM, for over a year, while my stack of FPSs is about to topple over! At $100, CM would still be a bargain, if you figured out the $s per hour.

Re my 'twitch crowd' comment.

When I'm not shelling Germans in CM I'm causing mayhem in Unreal Tournament, so I'm forced to include my myself among that twitchy horde.

The larger point was CM is into integrety and historical accuracy. That an important thing to we happy few, we band of CM brothers -- but to the majority of pc gamers I suspect spattered gore will win every time.

but to the majority of pc gamers I suspect spattered gore will win every time.
Probably some truth there, but do remember that some shooters strive for at least some degree of realism, too, like Rogue Spear, SWAT 3, Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint, etc. And also some shooters, like Tribes 2 and even dear old TFC, can be quite sophisticated tactically.

Originally posted by buckshyesh:

This does support the price point that BTS has chosen, though: I've been playing one strategy game, CM, for over a year, while my stack of FPSs is about to topple over! At $100, CM would still be a bargain, if you figured out the $s per hour.

Don't give BTS any ideas. My CMBB fund is almost a tenth of the way there now that I moved all the furniture in my room. I've got duty again tomorrow, though, so I should be able to make another $.05 from the pennies people stick in the door to the dorm so they don't have to bring their keys.