Great new idea. . . . seriously.

I can't believe that it took me this long to think about it. . . but wouldn't it be awesome if you could use a "chase cam" to follow a tank round/on map artillery shell to its target? And, maybe I'm out on a limb here. . . but also a slow motion option for this purpose? Eh. . . just throwing out there to see if anyone else agrees with me. . .

Pfffffaaa! You mock me! You think I'm some stupid twitch? Man. . . . :mad: Give me a little respect here. . .

Im sure that there are other people who enjoy relplaying particularly fantastic shots/explosions and pausing it frequently and viewing it from different perspectives.

[ October 01, 2002, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: IronChef4 ]

Originally posted by IronChef4:

Pfffffaaa! You mock me! You think I'm some stupid twitch? Man. . . . :mad: Give me a little respect here. . .

I meant no disrespect, as I said its a cool idea, but I just don't think its going to happen.

Originally posted by busboy:

In all seriousness, I am 99.9% sure that a chase cam for ammo is impossible in the existing game engine. I didn't make the game, so I can't be totally sure, but I'd bet just about anything on it.

Why?

I would have though that when you have a 3D object (e.g. a shell) in a 3D space, it would be possible to attach a viewpoint to it. But then, I'm no 3D programmer! smile.gif