Infantry Bug!!!!

Over on the Red Alert forums, some of them bought combat mission on a recommendation. They are complaining that all their infantry just keep getting killed and how could publishers keep getting away with such an obviously bug ridden game.

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Alright call me non-net savvy but what the heck is this L33T crap? And what are these other weird code words...can't recall the rest-? I've seen d00d and such, but that's easy. Is it an official code language, or just some 'netspeak? :confused:

not net speak, but "Elite speak". In this case, it's more like "L33t 5pe@k". "L33t" uses various numbers and signs to replace normal letters. Such as:

A = @

S = 5

E = 3

W = \/\/

Now lets take a normal sentance from a CMBB PBEM game and run through our "Leet Generator"

"Ha! I have you now!"

Translation:

"BaHaH@HahAAh!! 1 0wN y0uR @zz."

Please take note of the random capitalize of letters. Also don't forget to apply a liberal application of the derogatory term for Homosexuals whenever possible.

gO H3R3 to EDUC4t3 y0Ur n3w81E a$$!!11!

[ October 16, 2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Nippy ]

+1R3d of T3H 5@M3 0lD G@mE f0rMUL4? l0OkIn9 f0R G4mE5 +H4+ eNG4g3 Y0uR M1Nd 1N5t34D 0f Y0UR M0u53? yOU'V3 c0M3 +o TH3 R1ghT PL@CE. OUr un1KWe 94M3$ OphPHEr d3ptH, rEPl@Y@b1LITY, hI5tORIC4l 4ccur4cy, OR19iN@l g4m3Pl4y - 4ND m0$+ 0Ph 4LL, FuN! +Here's NO CH4Sing thE Tw1+ch cROWd h3r3 - w3'R3 DEvEL0peR5 4ND wE'r3 @L$o 94mEr$. w3 plaY whaT W3 M@Ke OuR$3Lv35. joIN U5 aNd 0UR l@rg3 PH4N c0mMUn1+y 0n +he d15Cu5$10n b0ArDS AnD CH3Ck 0Ut oUr l4tE$t ProducT5 B3LOW. M4nY 0ph 0ur pR0Duc+5 4nD 94ME5 4rE oNLY $0lD 0nLINE, S0 j00 W0n'+ PHiND +H3M 4NYwher3 el$E!

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Nippy, that is an awesome pic! That needs to go in the archives somewhere..

I was just messing around with that one. I want to make a bunch of them with a "CMBB meets Counterstrike/WWII Online/Everquest/Any Popular Online game" theme to them.

"OMFG! 5tupid cAmping 88mm Fl@k Wh0re!"

Uh-Oh, I feel more insperation striking...

Originally posted by Pingu:

Over on the Red Alert forums, some of them bought combat mission on a recommendation. They are complaining that all their infantry just keep getting killed and how could publishers keep getting away with such an obviously bug ridden game.

"My rifle platoon has been firing on the Panther for twelve turns now! Why won't it explode?"

:rolleyes:

I'd like a link to the original post. :D