Gulf WAR MOD

hay ive being useing the combat mission engine for ages now i figured woulnt it be cool to have other wars based on it , you could do Vietnam or Kosavo or Korea or something , so i went all out and are doinf The Opperation Desert Storm Campaign from the Gulf WAR its well in to development ive edited the units and vechicles and textures too , you wouldnt belive how easy it is theyre all in Res edid Documents so u just copy and Paste! :D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

I smell I prank thread.....

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure, Gyrene. He's been mentioning it in other threads. I think our ol' boy Patton Returns needs to lay off the hash and realize that he's actually editing Close Combat. ;)tongue.gif

I don't know about him, but all the game info is stored in the .exe is it not. Unless he can decompile the executable, then I don't know what he's editing.

it sure is grat some people have finally mentioned stuff in this section phew . . .

but if you have a program called Res edit witch is clearly what all the people at big time software used to create the game , u can edit the code the textures and the sound litterly its just a matter of copiny and pasteing you textures over the old ones !

or as the case may be adding your own ones , Sound to if you have SOund edit the name kinada discribes it ! you can edit all the sounds in the game and create yoyr own ones !

if anyof you guys want these programs id be happy to mail or e mail them to u they r really small :D

Paton. BTS did not use ResEdit to make CMBO. Of this I am 100% sure as ResEdit is a Resource Editor and not a programming enviroment.

Yes, you can use ResEdit to tweak the mods, nothing new there, and yes ResEdit is often used to crack programs, put you'd be hard pressed to create and entire game (which was probably coded in C++) with it.

Still think this is a joke thread. Btw.

Gyrene

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Gyrene ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catullus:

But it's kind of entertaining, so whoever you are, keep them posts coming.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw, man, don't encourage him. Or if you do, at least point him to a friggin PENG thread, which should effectively remove somebody like this from circulation. Heh heh.

As for being a prank, my guess is anybody pulling a prank who spends much time in the CM forum would not have had the foresight to misspell "Patton". :rolleyes:

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: JMcGuire ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paton Returns:

but if you have a program called Res edit witch is clearly what all the people at big time software used to create the game , u can edit the code the textures and the sound litterly its just a matter of copiny and pasteing you textures over the old ones !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, what you are talking about is mearly making new textures and copying them in and overwriting the ones in there. I don't need no special program for that. The textures are in regual bitmap files, so all you have to do is to repaint them. No big deal. You can't, I repeat, *can't* edit their physics and information. That stuff is within the main executable which *cannot* be altered.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>or as the case may be adding your own ones , Sound to if you have SOund edit the name kinada discribes it ! you can edit all the sounds in the game and create yoyr own ones !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No ****, here again the sounds are no more than regular wav files which can be altered as easily as the bitmaps. So here again, no big deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>if anyof you guys want these programs id be happy to mail or e mail them to u they r really small :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't need your stupid programs because they are not needed in the first place.

So just how are you creating a GULF WAR MOD? Are you making M1A1 Abrams and T-72 MBTs?

PS. Forum members, I'm really not a new guy. I'm an old veteran (member #<1500), I just registered again with a new email. But I ain't gonna tell ya what my other login name is. tongue.gif

Thank u Clubfoot at leat u like me . . .

sob sob

F**k the rest of u!

i'l create my mod and u guys dont have to play it but its the best friggin mod out there!

so Shut the f**k up and get the f**k up - limp bizkit

sorry .. but my welcome here hasnt been very warm! lol

PS Harriers and Britsh Chalenger tanks are in the making!

thanks for disgussing in this forum

u r the weakist link goodbye!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Geyere if thats how u spell it how come [ since your not GERMAN amd u never play the NAZIs} at the end of every message u pst it says : some thing in german aggggggg sorry i fogot to paste it here but whats up with that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Copy my sig to your clipboard.

Paste it here:Altavista

It'll translate it for you.

Gyrene

Dublin Ireland huh Paton Returns? Man, what I'd do for a pint of that Guinness. I've got over an hours drive before I can get a good pint of the black. On top of that its still not as good as it is in the Bower!

-Head

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: Head Mahone ]

Ok, everyone back of the guy. Patton Returns you are of course free to make whatever mod you wish and promote it as well but you will find that people will give your work a much fairer appraisal if you just slow down a bit and double check what you say and more importantly how you say it.

As to your frequent claims about Res Edit I believe you need to do a little more checking as making mods is a little more complicated than how you make it out to be. True we have left the sound and texture files open ended and people have moded a great many of them but you can't access any of the unit data and all you are really doing is just painting the models. Still cool, but if a mod is going to look presentable it is certainly NOT going to be easy.

Now, eveyone get off the guys case and lets see what he can do...

Madmatt