Ah...Hmm...What's in the German CM Mods CD?

Originally posted by mike8g:

The German version does definitely not have a MOD CD. IIRC, the UK version will have a mod CD. At least there was some statement some days ago here in the forum.

Mike8G is correct. The UK version has gone on sale yesterday, so now is the time for the frenzied rabble that is this board to flood Amazon.co.uk with positive 5-star reviews or somefink.

CombatFrance will be distributing the same offer for the French market.

If you go take a look at their site (in French) you'll see that in Screen shots, those are not all stock textures but MODed ones.

I'd say Tiger's work for most of them...

If they were to MOD some part, it's strange they had kept the brighter part of the game.

Due to release this month.

Personally, I wouldn't trade my MODed BMP folder for what's coming on that CD.

We're not missing much.

Now prepare for the same kind of things which happened for Counter Strike when they released the Retail box some time after the Net version.

N00bs, thousands of n00bs and hackers.

:D

It's time to BUMP the FAQs.

By PawBroon: Now prepare for the same kind of things which happened for Counter Strike when they released the Retail box some time after the Net version.

N00bs, thousands of n00bs and hackers.

It's time to BUMP the FAQs

You've read my mind. I've been thinking about this for a while, see my latest topic.

Gyrene

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Macs in the UK? The only Macs you'll find over here are the ones we wear to keep out the famous rain :D

I have two at home and a third one delivered tomorrow, so there. And I would not wear them in the rain either. Peter is already begging me to aloow him to do vid editing on them, because he wants to stick with a windogs machine. Pfffrrzzzz I say to him, if you don't get a Mac, go video ed in your self-inflicted hell.

Yes I know about the Mac stuff - some screw-up, but what can you do. Something for the reviews.

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Well bugger me with a 3-pronged pitchfork. Seems this has gone back somewhat...

Combat Mission at Amazon.co.uk

Did you write a review? 50 pounds is a lot of money! Enough to pay for CM2....</font>

I am not sure what the french site is showing but those are not the mods that are on the bonus CD.

The bonus CD contains over 150 seperate mods both CMMOS (which is included) and standalone and over 50 scenarios and ops. Some mods were exclusives and available (at least currently) only on the Bonus CD.

Here are the people that contributed to this project:

ARTISTS

Marco Bergman

Marcus Bloess

Fernando J. Carrera Buil

Dean Chernois

Mike Duplessis

Matt Faller

Andrew Fox

Bil Hardenberger

Juju

Paul McMahon

Gordon Molek

Dan Olding

Matthew Petersen

SCENARIO AND OPERATION DESIGNERS

Eric 'McAuliffe' Antonsen

Wyatt 'wwb' Barnett

Andreas 'Germanboy' Bierman

Dan 'Berlichtingen' Brown

Bil Hardenberger

Tim 'Rune' Orosz

Bill 'Wild Bill' Wilder

The bonus CD is only available on the CDV distributed UK CMBO version.

Madmatt

[ February 02, 2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Guys, just to clear up any potential confusion here - CDV is our European partner for CMBO (only). What you see here are offerings of their local versions of CMBO, both online and retail, and what they're offering to European customers is not different from what most of you already have. The mods CD is a collection of mods available (or previously available) here, at CMHQ and elsewhere and has been compiled with the (greatly appreciated) help and approval of a lot of the mod makers you know. There is nothing you might miss which you don't already have - well, except maybe the box.

The only reason (other than going for memorabilia - which was the reason I bought a German copy a few months ago, lol smile.gif ) to get a local version would be if you want a CMBO copy in your local language (german or french for example), as you get a translated manual on top of things. For the german version, CDV was even offering a special discout for owners of the original version, so I am assuming you might see something like this in France (doubt it in the UK).

Sooo - unless you are interested in obtaining a collection of mods on one CD and a nice box - you don't have to be afraid miss a thing when you take the next flight to the UK smile.gif

(edited for typo)

[ February 02, 2002, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Is CDV the outfit that do 'Sudden Strike' and 'Cossacks'? The only thing I might be interested in is the CD of mods. I'm upgrading my PC soon and I'd hate to think how long I'd spent downloading mods etc. Mind you, I'd probably know exactly what I needed now so that would cut it a bit. Just in case though, are CDV actually marketing in the UK or in France/Germany (or all of those)?

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Some mods were exclusives and available (at least currently) only on the Bonus CD

Shivers me timbers, they're holding out on us matties. I say MUTINY! Make 'em walk the plank! No newbie shall come aboard 'less he gives us da treasure. :D

[ February 03, 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]