Mod Preview

I was often criticed because I'm to idle to equip my soldiers with gear. Well, if you prayed for it :

Image2.jpg The Splinter, early, backside

Image1.jpg The Splinter, fall, frontside

This and a handfull more camo patterns coming soon. Constructive critics are welcome.

Michael I guess the guy needs a complete new head smile.gif But before I start to make faces I want to make an SS-camo set.

Lord Dragon Ehm...I guess less then one week. I use a standardized gear-set that makes it relative easy and fast.

Hoopenfaust Sorry, but it will me more worse then cmmos, cause I use a selfprogrammed tool for Windows. The pure mass of alternatives and the function to exchange the camos between all branches (except SS) makes it a must - cmmos can't handle this anymore. I have often asked for a mac-programmer to convert this, but no response yet. If you know one...

Originally posted by Scipio:

Hoopenfaust Sorry, but it will me more worse then cmmos, cause I use a selfprogrammed tool for Windows. The pure mass of alternatives and the function to exchange the camos between all branches (except SS) makes it a must - cmmos can't handle this anymore. I have often asked for a mac-programmer to convert this, but no response yet. If you know one...

Scipio,

I'd be very suprised if CMMOS were unable to handle the variety of options available with your mods. If it can handle the plethora of options involved in Marco Bergman's amazing UK Sherman package, and can handle everything from vehicle mods to the "Field and Stream" family of terrain mods to (soon) sound mods, I doubt that there's much more complexity in your uniform mods. You can say that you prefer to not have your mods work with CMMOS for any number of different reasons, but I sincerely doubt that complexity is one of them.

I also don't ever recall you asking for any advice or consultation on how your mods might be made to work with CMMOS, which I would think would be the natural course of action in such a situation.

Gordon

Some comments:

1. I think the Y straps are the web ones. If so then I think they are too brown. At present they look as Luftwaffe Y-straps made of leather. If they are the web Y-starps then I think they should be done in a lighter, yellower shade.

2. The German cateen was hung from a D-ring on the bread bag when the last one was worn. IMHO you should move the bread bag right then place the canteen over it

3. The mess tin and zeltbahn look nice, but I think they look a bit smaller than they should be. The bread bag should be slightly larger as well.

Here’s a pic of a re-enactment in early November last year. I’m the guy on the left. You can see that the canteen is hanging from a ring on the breadbag and asses the overall size of the mess tin, Zeltbahn, breadbag and canteen.

077c.jpg

Fernando - I wasn't going to mention that stuff, glad you did! The angle of the gas mask canister would also indicate it is slung, but the web strap is not visible - Scipio, there should be an olive green strap running over the soldier's right shoulder.

Wow, your unit is VERY well kitted out. What are the brown pants on the guy at right - Drillichanzug? Which unit is it and where are you located?

[ March 14, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Fernando - I wasn't going to mention that stuff, glad you did! The angle of the gas mask canister would also indicate it is slung, but the web strap is not visible - Scipio, there should be an olive green strap running over the soldier's right shoulder.

IIRC in fact it should run over the left shoulder, but most soldiers wore it running over the right shoulder.

Wow, your unit is VERY well kitted out. What are the brown pants on the guy at right - Drillichanzug? Which unit is it and where are you located?
I don’t remember who wore those pants. In fact I don’t rermember any brown pants at all :( . I think someone wore a pair of original M44 pants in Feldgrau 44, but I can’t remember if someone wore any Drillich jacket or pants. I have revised most of the photographs taken that day and I can’t find any person wearing brown pants. I’m pretty sure they are the M44 ones.

Which unit is it and where are you located?
We are Spaniards and the pic was taken near Barcelona. We aren’t a unit yet, so sometimes we re-enact as Whermacht soldiers, sometimes as Waffen-SS ones, though most of us would like to portrait the 250. Spanische Freiwilligen Infanterie División (the Blue Divison) and the Waffen-SS Spanish volunteers from “Unidad Ezquerra”. We expect to do a re-enactment in April dressed as Blue Division volunteers. It will be very easy because we only have to add the Spanish sleeve shield to our German jackets and wear some Spanish insignia.

[QB

The pure mass of alternatives and the function to exchange the camos between all branches (except SS) makes it a must - cmmos can't handle this anymore.

[/QB]

CMMOS is designed for handling 1000 RuleSets. Each RuleSet can handle 1000 Rules. Each Rule is capable of up to about a dozen or so combinations. On top of that there are Advanced Rules which allow up to about another dozen combinations of all the the previous rules within a RuleSet. I'm not a mathematician, but on one RuleSet alone we're talking significantly more than 10,000 possible combinations, without even trying very hard. Moreover, by having something in CMMOS format it becomes immediately comparable with all other textures in its class.

The issue was never the capability or lack of capability of your installer. I think what Gordon is taking exception to is your remark that CMMOS can't handle the complexity of a few dozen uniform and equipment combinations.

Gordon The CMMOS can share graphics for different units? With all respect, please wait til you see the tool before you pull out the club. smile.gif

Scipio,

Yes, CMMOS can share graphics for different units if desired. And I was not disrespecting your tool in making my statement, just correcting your mis-statement regarding CMMOS' capabilities. I have looked at your graphics installer and it's a nice little tool. I just don't want misrepresentations (not necessarily intentional) regarding CMMOS to go un-corrected.

Gordon

Gordon Excuse the missunderstanding. I didn't knew that Cmmos can do this. Nevertheless it's a simple math : I tried several times to work with Cmmos. I even don't understand the basics, because my IQ is very low. I would need at least one week to make CMMOS do what I want him to do. I need 3 days to program something own. :cool:

[ March 15, 2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Scipio,

No harm, no foul, as they say. And I'm sure it's not that you have a low IQ. Have you been tested? smile.gif If at any time you are interested in providing CMMOS-enabled versions of any of your mods, just drop me a line and I'm sure we can work something out (either in conjunction with the upcoming German Uniforms RuleSet or separately if that's your preference). Your mods can remain posted on the servers of your choice and you can retain control over how they are handled within CMMOS.

Just for the record, I have never refused any request for someone asking for an "official" CMMOS RuleSet/Rule or help. There is no secret agenda at work here. smile.gif

Gordon

Scipio - Finally web gear. Very nice! Now I can

start using your uniforms which I've wanted to from the first one you showed us. I'm personally

just one of those that love eye candy and to me not having the web gear just - just, well kept me from using your mods. But now I can and will. Thank you ever so much. This will bring new life to the game as far as I'm concerned. That is if I ever get my replacement CD in and can start playing the game again. Anyway, thank you, thank you. I love your uniforms and now they come with web gear - how cool is that!

Fernando, Michael Thanks for the advise, I will look into this. Are you sure the soldier isn't just too small? ;)

Gordon I still have doubts, but I will check CMMOS again. BTW, don't mix up the current tool with the new one. smile.gif

[ March 16, 2002, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Scipio,

Please consider taking up Gordon's offer for help in making your mods CMMOS enabled. I for one really like your uniform mods but haven't been using them lately due to the lack of CMMOS versions. I really think that you will see your uniforms used by a lot more people if they are part of the CMMOS German Uniform ruleset. Your work is really impressive. Please talk to Gordon......a German Uniform Ruleset won't be complete without a large Scipio section!