The Dangers of CMBB’s increased popularity.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. As CMBB becomes more widely known it will attract a larger and more “mainstream” player base which will undoubtedly contain members from the following groups:

MMORPG freaks.

If you ain't spending 25 hours a day seaching for the Glass Sword of Nerdonina, then you ain't playing.

L33t FPS players.

And you thought all the "Peng" threads were filled with competition and vile conversion. They have nothing on the chat logs of your typical Counter-Stike game.

WWII Online refugees.

Sooner or later people will get sick of waiting 4 months for each new peice of equipment to be released. However, old habits die hard, so expect gaggles of new CMBB players who will start designing Missions that use nothing but KT's and JSIII's on a flat open field.

The real reason Wittmann was a Tank ace is because of his leveling up in the France and Polish Campaigns.

Along the same lines as Everquest players. Fan of Final Fantasy will soon begin flooding the BTS boards with questions like:

"How do I open Zhukov's Sphere Grid?"

or

"Why can't my 6 person party defeat the 'Evil Tiger-of-Sturm' monster?

If you fed a Zerg Vodka, would it yelling "Urah!" while rushing?

RTS junkies from Command and Conquer to Star Craft will be looking for their next big fix. Saddly they will spend most of their time driving their tanks through the woods desperatly looking for resources to harvest.

Be afraid, be very afraid...

Originally posted by Nippy:

And you thought all the "Peng" threads were filled with competition and vile conversion. They have nothing on the chat logs of your typical Counter-Stike game....

I find your lack of knowledge...disturbing.

Competition within the Peng Challenge Thread (there is only one, after all, infinitely reincarnated. It the is Dalai Lama of Taunt threads) is not truly focused on winning or losing at Combat Mission.

Also, conversion is not a part of the Peng Challenge Thread experience. Members are allowed to retain their own spiritual beliefs, whatever those might be. Some are quite disturbing. Others are more mainstream.

[ October 17, 2002, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Also, conversion is not a part of the Peng Challenge Thread experience. Members are allowed to retain their own spiritual beliefs, whatever those might be. Some are quite disturbing. Others are more mainstream.

My spell checker found it nessessary to replace conversation with conversion. However, I do recall several members of the Peng Thread being given or having taken away various "labels" of National or Cultural origin.

I swear, the one time in two years I want to use my homestead account and the damn thing shuts down after two whole people visit it. Any of you folks out there know of a good, and free, picture hosting sight?

BRILLIANT! Bravo! At last we have a bard!

Wait till you see the Fan-Fic:

Lieutenant Armas “Pinecone” Tervo, Sergeant Karl “Grognard” Wurdig, Corporal Sergi “Plastered” Bolvinov, and Private Andrew “Spaghetti” Targetti in:

Spira and the Toothpick of death! AKA Why Final Fantasy is an Oxymoron. Thrill as these 4 military misfits violate one of the gaming industries most sacred cows and run unchecked in their Nitro burning Hetzer!