Looking back...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Isn't it time for your Alpha battle with Fionn on the eastern front?<hr></blockquote>

Is this the same Fion who made the Fion rules? i'm pretty new here so i don't know.

Also i noticed in one of the archived posts that someone mentioning he was banned? Is that true?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

Is this the same Fion who made the Fion rules? i'm pretty new here so i don't know.

Also i noticed in one of the archived posts that someone mentioning he was banned? Is that true?<hr></blockquote>

Yes, it is the same Fionn. He's a great CM player, and did a bunch of AARs on CMHQ. They're kind of old now, but still great reading for anyone who wants to improve their CM skills. Fionn was banned almost a year ago for being too rude on the forum one too many times. He's been unbanned recently, but he still doesn't post on the forum.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Moon:

...have you noticed that there was almost the same amount of posts made in 2001 as in 2000 (a bit more than 130,000 posts in a year). Wow, talk about replayability smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

We of the Peng Challenge Thread have done our parts.

Not one post was made without glorifying Combat Mission (and villifying most everything else, including most especially each other).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mattias:

The AAR was what drew me in here in the first place smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

Same for me. I don't even know anymore where I first heard about CM, but being able to follow a CM battle long before even the beta demo was released was the main thing that caught my interest. :cool:

Dschugaschwili

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

I'm wondering so i don't end up getting banned, this is a cool forum.<hr></blockquote>

Go and see the Peng thread, that should give you some light. Fionn just got heated, but he has since apologised.