Zhukov Biography?

Robear

I did a book report on it in school. Interesting work, and apparently suprisingly frank given the time in which it was released.

The one thing that really struck me about the work is how few of his friends survived to old age. Everyone died, most of them in rather horrid ways.

WWB

You should be able to acquire his memoirs in English at abebooks.com. The title of his memoirs was "Rememberances and Reminiscences," I think. I purchased a 2002 publication in Russia this summer, but it's in Russian. I love the character of Zhukov, but it needs to be said there were Soviet commanders better skilled than he. However, his presence in 1941-42 were crucial to Soviet survival, and he had a way with Stalin that few possessed.

Originally posted by Grisha:

I love the character of Zhukov, but it needs to be said there were Soviet commanders better skilled than he.

Vasilevsky was the (almost) unsung hero of the Red Army (fe Operations Uranus). Zhukov was the "Human Wave" Soviet general, who didn´t care about losses to his own troops (fe Op Mars), and is IMO one of the most overrated WWII generals of all-time.