What Should Be in the Patch?

I have been following this thread daily

It would be my opinion that the features on this list WILL NOT Be in any CMBB patch, but they might be on "The List" for CMII the re-write which we might see 2.5 - 3 years from now smile.gif ......

These are the BIG ONES for me in the re-write

the NEW CMII engine possible new features like:

* NO more Borg Spotting (Relative Spotting)

* LOS & LOF blocked by LIVE AFV's (i.e. infantry have "some" cover behind live and dead vehicles that are not burning)

* Same as above, vehicles and other units CANNOT shoot through other live or dead vehicles that are not burning

* Full movie replay

* Roster (for those would think they need it)

* Multi-turreted vehicles like the Allied Grant and Lee

* Amphibious units

* Dynamic lighting effects

now back to tweaks that might actually make it into the patch.

The bug Gaylord Focker found yesterday (in this thread http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=002171 ) should be looked at....

"

Gaylord Focker

Member # 9024

posted October 16, 2002 12:12 AM

I was just playing a game where i had an anti-tank gun highlighted, simultaniously checking line of site

with the units info window open.

Since the info window was open i decided to click on kills while doing line of site, it brought up the kills

screen, but then froze the game.

I could still move my mouse but the clicking did nothing, could not click on a unit, could not click go, could not collect 200 dollars, hehe.

Not a big deal to me at all, just felt like starting a post.

--------------------"

-tom w

[ October 17, 2002, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ianc:

One thing that seriously needs fixing or improving is the ability to easily see\manipulate passengers on halftracks and possibly trucks.

I was playing the excellent 'Hill 621' tonite and there were some 251's with two HMG34's in them. It becomes almost impossible to select these units since they position themselves off in the rear corners of the halftrack. You almost have to be positioned directly above the halftrack looking down into it to see or select them.

I'd like to see a visual indicator when the halftrack is selected indicating that it's carrying passengers and what the passengers are. Some means of selecting the passengers should also be available when the halftrack has been selected; maybe a drop down list box or something? Please consider it...

ianc

Shift-V will hide the vehicles, which makes it very easy to select the troops. I do this all the time, and its no hassle.

TANK HUNTERS WITH SMOKE I haven't got the game but i believe that they don't have smoke.

The german tank hunters used Fog (smoke) grenades to approach tanks .

Ive used CMBO half squads with smoke and charges and it works great.

This adds more tactical options for players and shouldn't be hard to do.

Two things

1. Fix the 'infantry sounds?' notification. It is ludicris to have a platoon of buttoned up tanks frantically searching for a hidden anti-tank gun that is picking them off one by one from 300-400 meters away and suddenly get an 'infantry sounds?' icon come up 500+ meters away. :mad: I don't think so.

Exactly what does 'infantry sounds?' mean anyway? :confused: Besides, if they are making that much noise chances are they're artillery gomers. :D

2. Add Anti-tank ditches. I'm no programer but it seems you should be able to take the 'block' unit, change it's appearance and have it function like an anti-tank ditch. You also need to add the properties of a minefield so that engineers can remove it

Vehicles can't cross it and engineers can reduce it. smile.gif

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Any offical word on what *WILL* be addressed? Or, what they are trying to address?

I thought I saw Matt say something to the effect that sometime later this week (I think :confused: ) he would post what they are working on in the patch?? (maybe).

So far to the best of my knowledge (TTBOMK) Matt has made no such post or announcement yet.

-tom w

[ October 17, 2002, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Jaegermeister,

I don't think that that BFC will do this for QB's. However, a thoughtful Scenario Designer *might* mark certain areas on the map as enemy areas that were seen by your prior recon patrol.

I agree that it is kind of an unfair advantage for an experienced player to know where *exactly* on the map (down to the edge of a specific tile) where the setup zones are for Probes, Attacks, Me's, Assaults, etc. This was certainly possible in CMBO...it is a constant based on point level/map size.

I played 2000pts QB ME FIN-SOV.

My crack-sniper was placed in good position and he saw 6 Soviet tanks approaching. He started to take out the leaders and 4 tanks stopped. One tank was immobilized and the 3 other tanks didn't move after that at all. I heard 2 death screams from the tanks.

2 Tanks opened up again and my sniper buttoned them up again. But those 2 tanks continued moving to the "action zone" and never opened up again after that.

When the battle ended, I was curious to see how many leaders my sniper took out. And the kill info said "No kills...". Then I checked out the stopped tanks and every 4 tanks had 1 casuality. The sniper was the only contact they ever encountered.

I thought the end-battle-kill-info will give the true statistic of all kills, but no.

Is it supposed to be like that or is it a bug?