Zoiks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

What ah joke. It seems like almost everyone in the US that has ordered has got the goods. And I still have jack crap. This is getting old. Tomorrow will be the last day before UPS is LATE!! :mad:

Sorry to hear you still don't have anything yet.

You did order multiple copies, right?

UPS is the explaination for the delay. Unlike the USPS, they don't work or deliver on Saturdays (because they're union ;) ). So take another travel day (or two) off and I can see where the delay comes in.

UPS Ground is usually 3-5 day. From Vermont to California is about 2500 miles or somefink. So it would take 5 days to get there by truck (they can only run 500 miles or 10 hours per day legally).

If not tomorrow, then definately Monday. Small consolation considering another weekend without.

Hang in there. It's definately worth the wait.

Keith

Cap,

I ordered o the first day of pre-ordering. My order is in the 80,900's. :rolleyes:

Sitz,

Yes, four. I am more angry at making my euro pals wait longer that I am for myself. :mad:

*pours flammable liquids over brown vans* "If I can't have my Barbarossa, then I'll BBQ those brown-shorts wear'n freaks in their vans!!" *lights match and giggles in a disturbing manner* ;)

[ September 27, 2002, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

UPS is the explaination for the delay. Unlike the USPS, they don't work or deliver on Saturdays (because they're union ;)

Keith

Actually, UPS does indeed deliver on Saturdays. However, the shipper has to specify Saturday delivery, and pay extra.

And while most local loaders and drivers do not work on Saturdays, the UPS trans-shipping network does work on Saturdays to move packages between cities.

I'm sure you know a lot more about Unions though than you do about shipping ;)

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Actually, UPS does indeed deliver on Saturdays. However, the shipper has to specify Saturday delivery, and pay extra.

I'm guessing overnight delivery only. Not for UPS Ground, which is how multiple copies are shipping.

And while most local loaders and drivers do not work on Saturdays, the UPS trans-shipping network does work on Saturdays to move packages between cities.

Didn't know that. Something to note next time I order something using UPS Ground to estimate my delivery time.

I'm sure you know a lot more about Unions though than you do about shipping ;)

Father is a Teamster. I, however, am a salaried slave in the tech world.

Keith

Vader's Jester,

Just a suggestion but you might want to check out those CDs before you ship them to Europe. With the number of bad disks being sent, it would save some time and money for everyone involved.

Of my 3 copies, one was bad. I believe Tiger (JohnS) posted a thread yesterday about 2 of the 4 disks he sent to Europe being bad.

Hope you get your copy today. smile.gif

Keith

No. Bakersfield is a major cross-roads for two thirds of California's major cities. We are also a primary mail distribution center for the USPS in sothern California. However, I am getting my shipment UPS. If I get it on Monday, then UPS has failed to get my package to me in the specified time of their ground service. Today is the last day.

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

I'm guessing overnight delivery only. Not for UPS Ground, which is how multiple copies are shipping...

Father is a Teamster. I, however, am a salaried slave in the tech world.

Keith

Argh! You're right. After thinking it over, they do only make Saturday delivery with Nex Day.

And you would now seem to know more about Unions than I do about shipping (or at least remember after being out of it for several years).

I stand quite corrected! redface.gif