CM:BB Interview about details of the European release

Just read the interview after returning from holidays, and well, I'm upset :mad: !

As a french customer, I don't want any HamsterGrenadier crapname for some obscure misinterpreted German laws AND I hoped BTS would have done likewise ... (and yes, i did read the discussions about "SS" naming two years ago on this board).

About this, BTS and CDV headed right into the "commercially correct", with BTS throwing their manifesto right out of the window !

Now I'd be stuck with that due to "exclusive distribution" bs ????

No way.. I curse CDV, and BTS too, and will get the game from Canada, just can't not have it :eek: ! tongue.gif

[ July 30, 2002, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]

Posted by Pascal di Folco:

Just read the interview after returning from holidays, and well, I'm upset !

As a french customer, I don't want any HamsterGrenadier crapname for some obscure misinterpreted German laws AND I hoped BTS would have done likewise ... (and yes, i did read the discussions about "SS" naming two years ago on this board).

About this, BTS and CDV headed right into the "commercially correct", with BTS throwing their manifesto right out of the window !

No way.. I curse CDV, and BTS too, and will get the game from Canada, just can't not have it !

Pascal, you're a cretin. Why don't you go and read some of the threads on this matter before yapping off? :rolleyes:

And until you start practicing German law as it applies to Nazi symbolism, do us all a favour and don't talk. You have over-reacted.

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Just read the interview after returning from holidays, and well, I'm upset :mad: !

No way.. I curse CDV, and BTS too, and will get the game from Canada, just can't not have it :eek: ! tongue.gif

Well before you get upset how about reading the pages and pages of comment generated on this subject in your absence!

Its really only one or two points repeated over and over again by people who don't bother to read or can't understand the reasons.

Originally posted by Soddball:

Pascal, you're a cretin. Why don't you go and read some of the threads on this matter before yapping off? :rolleyes:

And until you start practicing German law as it applies to Nazi symbolism, do us all a favour and don't talk. You have over-reacted.[/qb]

Well, Mr Oddballs,

Ok, I've overreacted

Ok, I didn't find the longer thread about this when I wrote this (it's very logically labeled "Is this TRUE ?" :D ) ...

Ok, I'm no German lawyer

BUT

I'm totally upset by BTS attitude on this : why don't let us buy the version we want ? That's what I do for every game when (often) I don't want crappy localizations,

Everything said in the threads don't change anything to the situation dictated by BTS and CDV,

I know the German laws about this, but anyway I don't have to care about them - I'm French !

AND

you've no right to call me cretin, dumba$$ tongue.gif

Have a nice day.

[ July 30, 2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]

Pascal DI FOLCO

I'm totally upset by BTS attitude on this
If you think you are upset by our attitude, how do you think I feel about your childish, spoiled brat attitude after another 20 hour work day (yes, I had 5 hours sleep and woke up about... er... 19 hours ago). I just can't understand how wound up some people are getting over something that is so tiny in comparision to what we have slaved at for 2 years. Cripes, next thing I'll hear is that "BTS SUCKS because they won't hand deliver the game to me on a silver platter".

why don't let us buy the version we want ?
Because there is something called reality. Reality is that we have our territory, CDV has theirs. That is the way business works in general, and software distribution specifically. There is no use whining and bitching about it because it is NOT going to change.

And no, we have no thrown out our Manifesto. I would also add that perhaps we should do another Manifesto about ungreatful, over demanding, and unreasonable customers? Sometimes I think it is easier dealing with greedy multi-national corporations than our own "fans".

Now I'm back to work and locking up YET ANOTHER USELESS WASTE OF TIME.

Steve