Bug? Snow in July, Hot in January

I randomly Generated QB in July 1942, Southern Soviet Union.

To my suprise I got myself into snow and blizard...

Another time QB generated battle where it was HOT in January 1941 in central region (no snow)

1) I think you should not be able to select HOT in nothern regions in January.

2) 90% of the time there should be snow in the January

killmore,

Kind of sticks out like a sore thumb, doesn't it.

The word is that we ended up having the ability to have these weird combinations because BFC/BTS wanted us to have the freedom to do whatever we wanted with the weather conditions.

I know it is really weird to be able to have things those ways, but it is up to us to make sure that we never choose those sort of combinations. Hopefully they will correct this someday after more improtant things have been corrected.

My question is: Will those combinations show up when everything is set to Random for a QB? If so, then IMO it will be embarrassing if it never gets corrected.

After rereading your post, I see now that you did have it happen when things were set to Random. Uh oh. Its a problem for sure. A tiny one, but a problem nonetheless.

Well, ya see, it's a side effect of all the fluorocarbons pumped into the air by the massive amount of German panzers and Soviet tanks rampaging around the USSR back in 41 - 45. der Kleine Globales Warmen they called it back then.

After all those tanks got blowed up at Kursk, the ozone layer recovered a bit, so people forgot about the weird goings-on in Russia --- and who believed all that Soviet propaganda anyway? --- until recently translated Soviet archives brought the phenomenon to light.

BFC should be congratulated on this up-to-date piece of realism being in CMBB!

I've never been to the Ural Mountains, Russia, Ukraine, or for that matter Europe. However I do live in Colorado, and here it snows in June and July and also can be fairly hot in January. Not often, but it is possible if not proabable depending on elevation. I've experienced snow in summer first hand and I've also been out in my yard when it's +70F in January.

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

I've never been to the Ural Mountains, Russia, Ukraine, or for that matter Europe. However I do live in Colorado, and here it snows in June and July and also can be fairly hot in January. Not often, but it is possible if not proabable depending on elevation. I've experienced snow in summer first hand and I've also been out in my yard when it's +70F in January.

Sure but there was no 70F (+20C) degree day in January 1942 near Moscow. And yes it is impossible to get 70F in January in Moscow.

I guess you could get snow in July 1942 in the Caucas mountains - but I don't think there was any where battles took place.

But not in central region.

Besides the temperature could be HOT in July and you are still playing in deep snow on the step... Not possible!