9000 Point QB Not Available - What happened

Voxman

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

9000 points doesn't really make for much of a "quick" battle. It seems that even 5000 wouldn't be so quick.

5000 points of an armor only battle is manageable but if you throw in infantry it can take an hour or more to plan. That could buy an entire regiment of infantry. 9000 could almost be a division.

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

9000 points doesn't really make for much of a "quick" battle. It seems that even 5000 wouldn't be so quick.

5000 points of an armor only battle is manageable but if you throw in infantry it can take an hour or more to plan. That could buy an entire regiment of infantry. 9000 could almost be a division.

Maybe feasible for the multi-multiplayer rewrite.

Actually, now that I think about it, that would be the ultimate gas. You'd see 3 on 3, 4 on 4 battles, like the matches at Battle.net for Warcraft 3. Hmmm... Perhaps better suited for Rael Time.

Maybe feasible for the multi-multiplayer rewrite.

Actually, now that I think about it, that would be the ultimate gas. You'd see 3 on 3, 4 on 4 battles, like the matches at Battle.net for Warcraft 3. Hmmm... Perhaps better suited for Rael Time.

I quiet often play battles between the 10,000 and 15,000pt mark and only ever against humans. The problem was not the force size but the CMBO mpa size! With increased CMBB map sizes i see no reason why 15,000 - 20,000 pt battles would not be feasible..

Stix

I quiet often play battles between the 10,000 and 15,000pt mark and only ever against humans. The problem was not the force size but the CMBO mpa size! With increased CMBB map sizes i see no reason why 15,000 - 20,000 pt battles would not be feasible..

Stix

Hello Stixx,

Interesting post.

The thing I find strange is BTS was advertising CMBB as going to have upto 9000 QBs !!

So what happened. A response from BTS would be appreciated.

This would be a nice upgrade feature for the first CMBB patch.

Cordially,

Voxman

Originally posted by Stixx:

Stix

Hello Stixx,

Interesting post.

The thing I find strange is BTS was advertising CMBB as going to have upto 9000 QBs !!

So what happened. A response from BTS would be appreciated.

This would be a nice upgrade feature for the first CMBB patch.

Cordially,

Voxman

Originally posted by Stixx:

Stix

Don't quote me, but here's a possibility; 5000 * 1.8 is 9000 points. Which would be what the attacker would get for a 5000 point assault (I think I got the force multiplier right). Perhaps that is what they are referring to with a 9000 point QB?

[ September 30, 2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Don't quote me, but here's a possibility; 5000 * 1.8 is 9000 points. Which would be what the attacker would get for a 5000 point assault (I think I got the force multiplier right). Perhaps that is what they are referring to with a 9000 point QB?

[ September 30, 2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

The maximum i got with a 41 QB scenario and 200% for an allied assault are 25800 points...

Something is wrong with your calculation para.... ;)

Still a hugh force...you can start in the morning and you can make your next turn when your back from work.. ;) )

The maximum i got with a 41 QB scenario and 200% for an allied assault are 25800 points...

Still a hugh force...you can start in the morning and you can make your next turn when your back from work.. ;) )

Originally posted by K_Tiger:

Random casualities. Probably with 50% set. Maybe there's a hard upper limit of 50,000? smile.gif . In any case, that's a lot of points.

Originally posted by K_Tiger:

Random casualities. Probably with 50% set. Maybe there's a hard upper limit of 50,000? smile.gif . In any case, that's a lot of points.

25,800 is what I got, too, but I think it's correct. 200% means "multiply by 3."

I don't know if you can actually *play* a scenario that large (I mean, I don't know if the game will let you).

I did set up a 5000 point assault on a huge map; it's worth doing just to look at it - the map is more than 5km long, and about 1.5km wide.