I'm guilty - Scenarios

I’m guilty of not giving credit to the scenario designers for making some really creative and challenging scenarios. I’ve given little feedback during these last two years and I can only apologize for the oversight. I saw some familiar names as the creators of the CMBB scenarios and I’d like to take this time to say Thank you. I know that I’m one of many who have gladly played the game without giving kudos to the gentlemen that sat down and researched the historical scenarios and the gentlemen who created the not so historical ones.

Scenario designers, you have done a splendid job. Many of you have your reputations, such as Rune, Andreas, and Berlichtingen. I’ve experienced a myriad of emotions as I’ve played them. Few of them end in victory, but that is due to my cognitive lapses of course.

Self deprecation aside, I just want this to be a post of gratitude regarding scenario design. Any schmuck can be a scenario creator, but I witnessed some awesome displays of creativity when I started playing CMBB two days ago. Thank you, gentlemen.

Your biggest fan,

Hiram

[ September 25, 2002, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Hiram what are you doing reading the... uh, lemme try that again.

Though a little sappy, a little tear-jerky, maybe a bit to much "Days of Our Lives" I can totally agree. Good show, boys!

The first game I chose (after much consideration) was "Pavlov's House" ( a great scenario by the way) and was surprised to see Schrullenhaft as the author. I didn't know he did scenarios! Good job, man.

So far, every scenario I've tried has been thumbs-up great.

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Ahem! Ahem! There were some other people who made battles . . .

WWB

And a wonderful job you've done, too.

But we wouldn't dream of making you hug Hiram. For better or worse, he's one of ours, and we wouldn't want to have to turn a hose on you afterwards while Peng dialed the CDC.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wwb_99:

WWB

And a wonderful job you've done, too.

But we wouldn't dream of making you hug Hiram. For better or worse, he's one of ours, and we wouldn't want to have to turn a hose on you afterwards while Peng dialed the CDC.</font>

WWB

You know, of course, that seeking glory automatically disqualifies you from any, right? tongue.gif

That said....thank you too, for all your past and present contributions! Just saw you have some stuff up on the site, and I'm on my way to check it out.

Speaking more generally (and a bit more seriously), everyone who has their copy needs to spend a minute reading the credits. *Lots* of very familiar names there.

Big group hug for the members of the community who devoted gobs of their time to help bring us CM:BB.

Thanks guys!

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Old Dog:

Speaking more generally (and a bit more seriously), everyone who has their copy needs to spend a minute reading the credits. *Lots* of very familiar names there.

Big group hug for the members of the community who devoted gobs of their time to help bring us CM:BB.

Thanks guys!

- Old Dog

Amen to that, Old Dog. I did read through the manual and noticed some very familiar names. I do hope to get their autographs some time in the future.

Here's to hoping for a CM Convention!!

[ September 26, 2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

I've had similar (Scenario Guilt, not hugging anybody) thoughts. I'm not a ScenD'er, so "Uh, I think I liked that one. Is that the right answer?" is about the best I can come up with. 'Third time Side switching Replayabilty vs Foreign PBEM Opponent' is way over my head. Plus I know giving xtra points for 'Effort' kind of defeats the purpose. I really do (quietly) appreciate you folks' work, & wish I could be more helpful, for whatever that's worth.

Thanks

Strt