New snow for Tom's BoB

I love Tom's Battle of the Bulge mod; I think its one of the best ones out there. I was a little bummed that the snow tiles weren't high res, so I spent some of this weekend goofing around with one of DD's grass tiles and sticking snow on it. So this is a mod of a mod, done without permission:

cmbosnow1.jpg

DD, you out there? Do you mind if I re-use on of your grass tiles?

Hi Murpes,

looks great ! I would be honored to include this masterpiece into the BoB zip. I´f you´d like the idea send the file to tcmhq@nexgo.de.( BTW: my mail provider allows only attachements up to 2 MB.... )

Cheers

Tom

BTW: the solution with the blury lowres snow is quite simple: I´ve got a crappy old PIII 500 Mhz PC with a more crappy 3D graphic card. Most of the shiny hires terrain produces a strange kind of "sparkling " effect that literally kills my eyes.

[ March 23, 2002, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Tom TCMHQ ]

Very nice work murpes! Look forward to D/L'ing it smile.gif

Tom - if you return to this thread can you give me some advice on sorting out the road mismatch which I now get in scenarios after installing the BoB mod. Specifically the junctions look different to the plain roads. Thanks in advance.

Rex_Bellator,

ahhh... the 613.bmp mystery. Simply copy the file 613.bmp from the CMBO bmp folder into your hd cm/bmp folder to reinstall the original setting.

BTW: it´s all explained in the readme.txt file that comes with the Bob mod.

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Very nice work murpes! Look forward to D/L'ing it smile.gif

Tom - if you return to this thread can you give me some advice on sorting out the road mismatch which I now get in scenarios after installing the BoB mod. Specifically the junctions look different to the plain roads. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

That is simply beauiful. I really really like it. Do let us know when and where it'll be posted as I would certainly use it. Now if somebody could just make tree bases lighter in color everything would be grand. They seem so dark I lose my troops in them even with bases turned on. Excellent job Murpes!

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Yes. The wheat man! We need that awsome wheat! :D

Hey Murph!!

where is that Wheat Mod anyway??

you previewed it and it looked great and then we never saw it again

the Snow looks great too!!

where can we all get that new snow and that Wheat Mod you hve been teasing us with???

:confused:

-tom w

This looks like a photo.

And if not a photo of real life, a photo of a very well-done tabletop wargame surface.

Very awesome. You all may not believe it, but my CMBO is UNmod'd. That's right, a virgin install. But if this is available it will become the first mod I use!

DjB

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Yes. The wheat man! We need that awsome wheat! :D

Hey Murph!!

where is that Wheat Mod anyway??

you previewed it and it looked great and then we never saw it again

the Snow looks great too!!

where can we all get that new snow and that Wheat Mod you hve been teasing us with???

:confused:

-tom w</font>