To People Thinking of Buying CMBB

Buy the game!!!! You will not regret it!!!!

I have'nt been this excited over a game since Metroid and The Legend of Zelda for my NES when i was 9!

Well i'm sure there has been more recent games then that but i've just been playing CMBB since 8:30 pm to 12:00 in an ip game against a friend and my brain is a little frazzled for gaming so long....

[ October 23, 2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

But if you're the type who has no appreciation of either history or tactics, but only wants to see spurting blood in your games...

BUY THE GAME ANYWAY!!! If CMBB disappoints you it serves you right for being such a dumb-ass. You'd probably only get yourself into trouble holding onto the money, anyway. :mad:

I will NOT buy a GERMAN version no matter what!

Still thinking about how to get my hands on an English one! The store that promised me to get US originals backed off and I am cut off from the supply lines once again!!

I am working on the problem, though ...

Regards,

Thomm

PS: This has got nothing to do with CDV; I just do not want German text in the game! Turns me off like Visual Basic in German years ago ...

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Buy the game!!!! You will not regret it!!!!

I have'nt been this excited over a game since Metroid and The Legend of Zelda for my NES when i was 9!

Last month.

Well i'm sure there has been more recent games then that but i've just been playing CMBB since 8:30 pm to 12:00 in an ip game against a friend and my brain is a little frazzled for gaming so long....

Oh, so that's your excuse.

I'm glad you stared this thread because I'm one of those people. I'm thinkinbg about buying CMBB but I'm, admittedly, "afraid" to.

Everyone keeps saying that once you start playing CMBB you will never want to go back to CMBO.

I still have a BLAST playing CMBO. I truly enjoy the game and am impressed that I've never grown tired of it.

I also have more interest in the Western front than the Eastern front. This is strictly an opinion and I realize the Eastern front is rich with its characteristics as well.

So do I buy CMBB and play an awesome game covering the less interesting (IMO) Eastern front or do I continue playing a slightly less awesome game covering the more enjoyable (IMO)Western front?

I'm having troubles sleeping.... :eek:

Guest Sgt. Emren

Green Hornet,

You will not regret it! I'm currently playing CMBO, PBEM, while practising CMBB solo. I find no difficulty in switching between the two, it's still fun to play against a human opponent in CMBO while it's anjoyable enough simply watching the amazing new graphics in CMBB. Maybe in a few months I will only be playing CMBB, but so far I'm sticking to both! In fact, all my gaming time is now consumed by simply CM!

I must admit I thought I'd stick with CMBO because of West v. East front preferences. Having bought CMBB I'm glad I did. Don't touch CMBO much now. Commannd and Control is much improved in CMBB IMHO and leads to a much better game. I've also got drawn into the Eastern front more, even to the point of buying books from the BFC shelf on Soviet and Panzer tactics.

I'm defeinitely converted. Buy it, you won't regret it.

I played 'BreakOut' on the TRS-80 with a group of pot-smoking buddies back in the mid-80's, and that was the best thing since running naked through a field of 8 foot sativas.

The real plus of this game is what I call the 'Beck-Bong Factor'. Three 1L bottles of Beck's beer, a bong full of nice Hawaiian Sativa, ground level camera angles while bullets and shells fly, and I swear my brain hasn't been frazzled like that since I quit chasing the dragon 2 years ago.

A fully invigorating and visceral game. Well worth the money. Eeven if the soldiers and tankers look like PlayMobil people.

[ October 24, 2002, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Sunflower Farm Boy ]