Demo eliminated me from the customer base .. I'm out .. Good Luck ..

As you can see by my number there to the left, I've been around a while.

Was very much looking forward to CMBB.

Gave up hope actually.

Dowloaded the demo and played the two scenarios.

Ahh .. I'm sorry guys. It just doesn't have "it".

I think "it" was the new sensation of somebody doing a wargame like this.

But I think that is over now.

The demo was so poor, or at least I didn't enjoy it very much at all, to the exent that BTS not only lost a sale to a loyal customer (several other BTS products purchaser) but I'm starting to believe this may have been a one trick pony.

I'm very happy for those that may derive enjoyment from this sequel and I wish the best of luck to them.

I simply believe that gaming has surpassed this system. There's many points but the main one is that the infantry just looks like toys. The whole thing just looks like toys being played with.

It was kinda neat at first.

But I think I'll be spending my money on Tiller's new effort, with aid and abetting from Wild Bill, called "Eagles Strike".

I'll miss checking in with The Community. I read a great deal but generally keep my mouth shut. I just listen.

Perhaps I'll check in another two or three years down the road and see if they can bring things up to current standards graphically.

Unti then, I think I'll take my wargames in traditional style and leave the 3D stuff to Unreal Tournament doodz.

The demo just turned me off of buying the product.

That's the bottom line.

Best to all and good hunting,

DD

:(

[ September 10, 2002, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: davedial ]

Originally posted by davedial:

I simply believe that gaming has surpassed this system. There's many points but the main one is that the infantry just looks like toys. The whole thing just looks like toys being played with.

It was kinda neat at first.

But I think I'll be spending my money on Tiller's new effort, with aid and abetting from Wild Bill, called "Eagles Strike".

The 3D view in Eagles Strike:

es3d2.jpg

Ya know, those soldiers look kinda like... toys. The tanks too.