PGNx Media Interviews Battlefront.com

Originally posted by barrold713:

Which since he is Puerto Rican I would suppose was a typo.

I suspect a misunderstanding has occurred.

Good interview with Martin. No such thing as bad publicity, but good publicity is even better.

BDH

I would say the answers are good, not the questions. But hey, different strokes.

PGNx: Are there any plans to bring the game to home consoles?

Martin: Not really. Our core audience consists mostly of adult players 20 years and up. In fact, many are in their 30s and 40s. Not really the kind of audience likely to be playing console games. Additional to that - we're a small company (5 people) with limited funds. Paying $1 million dollar for a console license isn't something we're likely to do in the near future :)

CMBB on PS/2....interesting concept.

4 yr old son: "Dad, dang ferdinand 1000 meters out, can i call in BM-13 Katysha support ? "

dad: "nah, a couple of ATR with tank hunter teams ought to do the job"

mom over at the kitchen, "Dinner's ready, come to the table before i call the NKVD"

*** the possibilities are endless ****

Guest Sgt. Emren

All the questions are standardized - not one of them is specific to CM. This seems like the standard "WW2 Game Questionnaire".

What do you think distinguishes this game from others like it?

'Nuff said.

The host runs pop-ups, ads, ect.

Was the CMII on Console post, a sarcastic remark?

Brian, Yes the site does have a heavy-console focus.

Priest, We weren't forced to do anything.

Sgt. Emren, Standard questions are bad? "Nuff Said" doesn' say anything at all.

Jussi Köhler, Can you ALSO explain to me what quoting/linking to something and saying "Nuff Said" means? In my opinion, it means nothing at all... The review is bad?

I don't think there is the slightest thing wrong with the way the interview was conducted or presented on the page.

This is all about marketing and getting the word out to an expanding audience.

While the focus of this particular site may be tilted towards console gaming, it certainly cannot be said that potential customers could not glean interest from this exposure.

It is not as if BFC paid for this as advertising, it is a FREE commercial presented to an untapped market and it was done in a respectful and polite manner. If the interviewer is not the groggiest WWII gamer in the world, it should not matter a whit as this was not something he was forced to present on the site.

Even more, rather than just review the game with little understanding of the genre or subject, the interview allowed Martin to provide appropriate information so that the audience can obtain a correct impression of the CM system.

So bravo to PGNx_Coolj and I hope you play CM, become a big fan, and that you bring in new people that are interested in playing the best computer wargame in history.

BDH