Artefacts

Hi all, great game that it is CMBB has inspired me to go out and purchase a little bit of WWII history.

So far I have purchased an MG42, a Thompson M1 (not CMBB but CMBO) and a nice Russian Helmet.

Does anyone else have any intresting items?

If this belongs in general, I apologize.

I love this forum, and you guys, and my guns.............(they're deactivated) :)

Hmmm,

Yeah, I have some stuff. '03 Springfield .30-06, Thompson M1, Enfield .303, M1 carbine, American, Russian and German helmets, various flags and banners, Japanese bayonet brought home by my Grandfather along with his medals and unit patches and pins. He was one of Merrill's Marauder's and also fought on Guadalcanal.

They get bemused looks anyway. Only the Bren Carrier is road-legal, sadly. They do re-enactment; WWII, English Civil War, Thirty years War (that's where one lost an arm to a cannon), so it comes in handy. I think the Sturat is a post-war Brazilian-made model, but it's painted in 1944 US colours now of course.

Natrually, the one armed guy isnt a figure sculptor is he?
But he'd have to have a twin if he was.

I've got a 5 round clip of deactivated 7.92mm mauser ammunition, some barbed wire and a used gas bomb (WW1 vintage) ;) Oh, and a Kukhri, brought back from India.

Actually, does anyone have a picture of Mauser ammo? I'm not entirely sure that's what I do have. :confused:

Originally posted by britfish:

So.. so far in 10 minutes we have....

1 Light tank

1 apc/infantry support

1 Light Mg

2 SMg's

and 3 rifles.

Any advance? We could do with some artillery. :)

There's a link on the general forum to a 150mm field howitzer for sale. Will that do?

I belong to the reenactor unit 134.Infanterieregiment. We have most of the German infantry weapons, and all are fully operational.

MP-38, MP-40, MP-44, MG-34, MG-42, K98K, G43. We also use the 50mm mortar, although it uses black powder to comply with federal regs (and real 50mm rounds are illegal anyway tongue.gif ). We're working on getting an 81mm mortar as well. For vehicles, we have a Kübelwagen, and hope to get an Opel Blitz truck or '39 Ford truck (Germans used large numbers of license-built Fords)..

Originally posted by russellmz:

what's the law with driving tracked armored vehicles anyway? those things really tear up the road, so does it have to hauled by a special carrier or something?

If it has rubber tracks, like an M3 Halftrack, I don't think there is a problem - it is metal tracks that cause the problem.

Besides which, to save wear and tear, I think most halftrack owners mover their vehicles to and fro on a flatbed anyway...

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I have a full scale replica of Fat Man in my living room.

You too? Dammit! smile.gif

Seriously, this thread looks like my best chance to ask a slightly OT question: In that preview picture of "JuJu's ModSlut" Mod, the one for all the small arms, WHAT is that semi-auto handgun on the left, having a very modern look to it????

Eden

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I think everyone has seen my Panzer uniform...

we can add my Willy's Jeep to the armada, a dewat Sten and Bren, some Mosin-Nagants, an M-1 Garand, and enough Canadian uniforms and bits of WE 37 gear to choke a horse.

Plus some spiffy repro housewives my mom sewed for me.

Ah Ha... Gotcha Michael.

I knew your " And I can sew too" statement

was too good too be true..

BTW, Spiffy repro housewives?