Which grunts are best for taking out concrete pill box?

Guest goonch

Guest goonch

Which grunts(walking soldiers) are best for taking out concrete pill boxes?

------------------

leave the gun, take the canolies.

I have found platoon HQ units suprisingly effective.

Getting a platoon behind a bunker can be hard work but the HQ units seem to get through. One little grenade through the back door - no more pillbox. Have done it a couple of times now. On the other hand have had engineers throw demo charges all over the place and not got it.

Bazookas ! Have had a bazooka team engage a pillbox and kill the crew one by one until they abandon the bastard thing.

Guest Germanboy

Engineers, just had a squad of them kill an 88 pillbox of mine from the front. Had not seen that one before.

------------------

Andreas

• 3 weeks later...

The name of the demo scenario with pillboxes is Valley of Trouble. There are a couple on the CD with pillboxes (won't tell which ones - no more spoilers for you!). There are several user-created ones, too, I'm sure.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

Artillery works real good for taking out pillboxes, especially ones that your troops can't approach well. 105 mm will penetrate about half the time. It takes an average of maybe 12 barrages to KO one box.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

This may sound like a dumb question, but when using flamethrowers on pillboxes, can they take the pillbox out from the rear, or do they have to get the flame through the slit? If it has to go through the slit, how to keep them from getting shot?

If they can get the pillbox from the rear, how would that happen? Pillboxes usually have steel doors, as I recall, and I am pretty sure that those doors would usually be shut when under assault.

Guest Scott Clinton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This may sound like a dumb question, but when using flamethrowers on pillboxes, can they take the pillbox out from the rear, or do they have to get the flame through the slit?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either front or rear will work. Side flamethrower shots do nothing AFAIK.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If it has to go through the slit, how to keep them from getting shot?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why I prefer to approace pillboxes from the rear! biggrin.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.