Intro Music MOD

I've put together an MP3 file intended for use as replacement intro music to CMBB. It will of course need to be converted to AIFF format and renamed 00005010.aiff or something like that. It's not difficult to do.

I will e-mail it to anyone who wants to host it.

This mod changes the opening music from Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain" to an excerpt of "Montagues and Capulets" from Prokofiev's ca.1935 ballet "Romeo and Juliet". It's also a little longer than the original opening music.

Those of you who aren't music grogs are probably thinking "Wimpy ol' Romeo and Juliet--CMBB--he must be crazy; or stupid!" Well, you're just going to have to trust me on this one.

Not to say that I dislike BFC's original choice, in fact it's one of my favorite pieces of Russian music. I just always thought of this piece as the perfect intro to the game. It has a decidedly modern, Social Realist feel that complements the game and the period.

smile.gif

I've got one too for those interested. "Ride of the Valkyries". Works well if you're going to be playing a scenario from the German side. Only problem is the file is like 25MB as a down-sampled WAV for the demo (about twice that for the full release). I could convert it to an MP3. Anybody wants it, let me know and I'll try to find a place to post it.

I guess Philippe needs to start a "Sound of Music" mod for CM:BB. smile.gif

Get Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" here.

It's an MP3, a little over 4MB.

Once downloaded, unzip it, then convert it to a WAV (16-bit Stereo, 22050kHz) and place it in the CMBB Demo\Demo Data\Wav directory.

This is a temp solution. I see if someone will host this permanently (CMHQ, TCMHQ and the other usual suspects). I'll supply a 44000kHz version once the full game is released.

Enjoy!

Keith

[ September 06, 2002, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Sitz,

All I can picture while hearing it is Duval's choppers storming the beach with their rockets and MGs. :D

"Charlie don't surf!" :D

I updated the file and link in my previous post. I forgot a "0" in the beginning of the file name.

Keith

Some fitting classical music to play CMBB by...

Russian side:

Prokofiev's 5th (2nd movement is fantastic and the finale is Bagration transcribed to music!) and Alexander Nevsky film score

Shostakovich's 5th, 7th, 8th, and 10th (no longer quite so hot on his 4th) ;)

Khrennikov's 2nd... if only I could find a recording of this... caught the finale on radio once, sternly Stalinist martial stuff

German side (avoiding Wagner for a change):

Bruckner's 3rd, 7th, and 8th (heh heh heh finale of the 8th, can you say Cecile B. DeMille? The 7th was played on German radio before they announced the surrender at Stalingrad, along with....)

Beethoven's 3rd ("Eroica", fittingly Napoleonic to bring up the ghost of the last fella who thought he could both bite and chew off Russia)

Orff's Carmina Burana

And I'm starting to run out of ideas... I'm not going to recommend Mahler for one big reason, even though his 5th and 6th are close to the right mood.

I have the opening theme song from "Red October" that I use with IL-2 Sturmovik. About 4 minutes. Awesome! When I listen, I feel like fighting for Rodina, or else killing Russkies to stop the hoard from overrunning the Fatherland.

Can somebody tell me how to make it work with CMBB? I'm happy to send it to anybody who can host it for download. It's a fairly big file.