Waffengrenadiere!!!!

Phil,

I understand your opinion and I can see how it is a viable one.

That being said let me state a couple facts.

a.) This was blown way way out of proportion by way too few people to be an issue.

b.) The answers are already available readily.

And there is a mod. Just go down to the appropriate thread already stated.

AFAIK there is no patch per say. Not sure what the big deal is. Anyhow I would be saddened if there was a patch because that would mean that someone bothered to try and hack the CM code to some extent. That is not cool.

So maybe you can tell me a good reason why this is even an issue, no one else has?

The reason you couldn't find it, Phil, is that it hasn't been released yet. The FAQ will be updated when it is. That's what the word 'soon' means. It means 'not now.' :rolleyes:

Clearly there is a need for sarcasm, since nothing else gets through to people as quickly.

I was only joking buddy no hard feelings.

It's not a big deal no, but it's sort of like this. People complain when there is something factually wrong with the data, and it gets patched, however minor it seems to get fixed thanks to BTS. So why can't this get fixed. Why is it such a big deal not to get it fixed?

[ October 17, 2002, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: phil stanbridge ]

Originally posted by Priest:

AFAIK there is no patch per say. Not sure what the big deal is. Anyhow I would be saddened if there was a patch because that would mean that someone bothered to try and hack the CM code to some extent. That is not cool.

So maybe you can tell me a good reason why this is even an issue, no one else has?

I don't understand whats the problem with hacking game, where you're not causing any problems for others (aka multiplay cheating) or the publisher/developers.

It's not like they're going to get to read the source code.

and it is always at their own risk to use 'hacked' stuff.

Let's remember that hacking proved SOME game publishers to allow modding some games, when they noticed the mods, which were made possible for unmoddable games by hacking, were increasing the sales and customer happiness.

(...and of course hacking is wrong term for the thing, but whatever, it's a thing which every john doe knows only as 'hacking')

If I get on the mood, I'll be hacking any game I want for the single play and possibly for arranged multiplayer games, but not for cheating unwary people.

It's fun and causes no harm to anyone (other than hacker himself, if he screws up something wevvy badly :>).. so whats the big deal?

Hi Partisan,

the CM community is one of the best ones you can imagine.

All questions are discussed into depth from several points of view, and you are surely welcome by everyone to do so, too.

But it doesn't show any kind of respect to the community, to ask absolutely newbie questions without even taking a look on the first two or three newest pages of the forum (not to mention the available search function) if it maybe has been discussed (only a few hours) before.

Or do YOU want a forum, where always and forever the same questions are discussed?