What will happen to CMBO now?

Will you still play CMBO after CMBB comes out?

Hard question for me. I enjoy the western front more than the eastern front from my ASL days. So I think every once and a while I will dust off CMBO to roll around with my sherman 75's and sherman 105's. But, going back to NO covered arcs, or improved MG's, or all the goodies will be hard.

Will you still play CMBO after CMBB?

Chad

I think that CMBO will be gathering dust for me atleast for quite a while...

The longer timeperiod, Barbarossa and most importantly the Finnish-Rushian war fascinate me a lot more...

I've been wondering about the "size" of the codechanges for CMBB. Covered arcs, better MG:s etc. Are the changes too big and go too deep so that CMBO can not be patched to better keep our interest up??? Might be a b*tch to crack up the code for the patch though...

Jussi

Hard question, I can't answer for sure. CMBB looks really great, but I wont abandon CMBO totally I guess. As a Finn I'm more interested in Eastern Front so maybe I will favour CMBB.

There are so many great scenarios in CMBO so I will still play it after first months with CMBB.

- Nekander

Considering the improvements in BB, I think I'm finding it hard to come back to BO...IMO the East Front is a bit more interesting than the West, considering the vastness of the fighting, T-34/85, the diversity of the terrain, T-34/85, Finnish troops, and did I mention the T-34/85 ? :) Also the Russians themselves add to the excitement, with a host of new equpipment and tactics to be mastered !

After a few weeks of CM:BB I will be asking, "What CM:BO ? " Oh yes, that, but that was AGES ago...

I will propably like the Eastern Front more than Western one. Me being also a Finn might have something to do with it, but I think all the improvements in CMBB will make it impossible, atleast for me, to go back to CMBO.

I prefer defending over attacking and I think the improvements on machine guns and dug-in trenches will favor defending so it will be realisticly hard to overcome well prepared defences. This is one reason why I would not imagine going back to Beyond Overlord after having a sweet taste of Barbarossa to Berlin.

As I said me being a Finn might mean I view the game through blue-white eyeglasses. (I bet most of you didn't get that last one.)

-TNT-

Originally posted by Tuomas:

I will propably like the Eastern Front more than Western one. Me being also a Finn might have something to do with it, but I think all the improvements in CMBB will make it impossible, atleast for me, to go back to CMBO.

I prefer defending over attacking and I think the improvements on machine guns and dug-in trenches will favor defending so it will be realisticly hard to overcome well prepared defences. This is one reason why I would not imagine going back to Beyond Overlord after having a sweet taste of Barbarossa to Berlin.

As I said me being a Finn might mean I view the game through blue-white eyeglasses. (I bet most of you didn't get that last one.)

-TNT-

Finnish Flag Colours?

I'm afraid that cmbo will start gathering dust on a shelve. I don't think i would be able to handle to shortcommings (weaker MG , no arc of fire...) after i get the "improved" cmbb. I'm goign to buy all sequals to CMBO , and i will almost certainly prefer the new version to the old one. It's like Microsoft's age of empires. Who still plays age of empires 1 ???? Maybe once on a dark winter evening when you've got nothing to do.

It is time to move on with cmbb, and to gather happy memories about cmbo.

Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

I've been wondering about the "size" of the codechanges for CMBB. Covered arcs, better MG:s etc. Are the changes too big and go too deep so that CMBO can not be patched to better keep our interest up??? Might be a b*tch to crack up the code for the patch though...

Jussi

We have all begged and pleaded with them to update CMBO, but they have said time and time again how difficult that would be and it will not be done. They did say however, that when CM2 is developed (different than CMBB), they will revisit the western front.

Would have to agree with both points by those above: CMBO will collect dust and the Eastern front is so huge and vast! I still like the western front better, but that doesnt mean that I dont like the eastern front!

Originally posted by Tuomas:

Me being also a Finn might have something to do with it...

-TNT-

Where are all these bloody Finns coming from?! There are thousands of them!

Can't we establish immigration quotas like any other polity?

Or perhaps a system of environmentally sustainable control practices, like setting the Australians on them in order to keep both populations properly culled?

I imagine I will be playing CMBO for some time to come as I finish my current PBEMs. Given my rate of return, this will doubtless be several months.

I, too, am looking forward to the Eastern Front, most likely because there are many people of Finnish descent living in my State.

Of course, on AussieJeff's computer, the Eastern Front will continue to look like Libya.

[ July 10, 2002, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

I am predicting now and should set up a betting pool as to the date the following thread will appear on this forum:

"With the improvements said to be coming in the new CM2 engine, how long will you be playing CM:BB?"

and the inevitable, "When will BFC patch CM:BB so that it will work like CM2?"

The more things change the more they will remain the same... :D

BDH

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tuomas:

Me being also a Finn might have something to do with it...

-TNT-

</font>

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

We are trying to take over the world. But not in the old fashion way, by guns blazing.

When USA shows it's military muscles and hollywood propaganda films

[paranoid]they even let those "terrorist" act's to happen to justify their oncomming war in afganistan[/paranoid].

Every body fears when strategy game's sales rise in Germany, no one realizes that they are talking on FINNISH mobile phone, and that Finland is leading in sales of war games.

:cool: tongue.gif;)

CM is so successful because Maine is so similar to Finland. smile.gif

Western Europe is my theater of choice so no matter what newer version of CM is produced I will play CM:BO 'til they release the next Western Front Version

I also own a laptop (CM to go) which I doubt will run CM:BB very well

So CM:BO will continue to be played by me for some time to come

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I've noticed that too. For such a small country, they seem to be all over the internet, at least the military portions. Bloody-minded buggers, what.

Can't we establish immigration quotas like any other polity?

Or perhaps a system of environmentally sustainable control practices, like setting the Australians on them in order to keep both populations properly culled?

Now there's a thought. Imagine getting useful work out of an Australian!

;)

Michael