Why can't we order CMBB via Federal Express?

I don't know about anyone else, but I would pay the additional $7-8 for shipping the game overnight via FedEx. Why don't we have that option, BFC?

Would anyone else use this method rather than trusting {snicker} the U.S.P.S.?

Steve

I don't know about anyone else, but I would pay the additional $7-8 for shipping the game overnight via FedEx. Why don't we have that option, BFC?

Would anyone else use this method rather than trusting {snicker} the U.S.P.S.?

Steve

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Sounds good to me! How do you know we can't?

Presumption on my part -- if you try to order, say, CMBO or Arnhem on the order page, you do not have the option to select Federal Express (or anyone other than the postal service).

Steve

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Sounds good to me! How do you know we can't?

Presumption on my part -- if you try to order, say, CMBO or Arnhem on the order page, you do not have the option to select Federal Express (or anyone other than the postal service).

Steve

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

hehe using Fedex, UPS and Airborne Express on a regular basis I can tell you that you wouldn't get much service for 7-8 dollars. Try doubling that.

jw

No, no -- if you check teh order page, BFC already charges $7 for postage and handling. I would be willing to pay another seven or eight bucks (heck, even another ten or twelve bucks) to have the game in my hot little hands by September 21.

Steve

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

hehe using Fedex, UPS and Airborne Express on a regular basis I can tell you that you wouldn't get much service for 7-8 dollars. Try doubling that.

jw

No, no -- if you check teh order page, BFC already charges $7 for postage and handling. I would be willing to pay another seven or eight bucks (heck, even another ten or twelve bucks) to have the game in my hot little hands by September 21.

Steve

There may be limitations with BFC/BTS's current order fulfillment house when it comes to shipping (and other matters). I'm not sure who they're hooked up to for large shipping orders beyond USPS. I assume that USPS was picked at the time for CMBO due to cost reasons.

One other problem with having CMBB by September 21 - order fulfillment is rarely that fast, except for the largest and most expensive fulfillment houses. Even if overnight shipping was offered, it may still take a week or more before your order is processed for shipping.

There may be limitations with BFC/BTS's current order fulfillment house when it comes to shipping (and other matters). I'm not sure who they're hooked up to for large shipping orders beyond USPS. I assume that USPS was picked at the time for CMBO due to cost reasons.

One other problem with having CMBB by September 21 - order fulfillment is rarely that fast, except for the largest and most expensive fulfillment houses. Even if overnight shipping was offered, it may still take a week or more before your order is processed for shipping.

Guest Panzer Boxb

Hey, pay me in the form of a single copy of CMBB per day that I work and I'll pack and ship all the orders! Only during the day though because I'd need the night to play the game. :D

Guest Panzer Boxb

Hey, pay me in the form of a single copy of CMBB per day that I work and I'll pack and ship all the orders! Only during the day though because I'd need the night to play the game. :D

Fed Ex is expensive. For a standard overnight package weighing between 8 oz. and 1 lb (CMBO plus manual weighed 10.4 oz.) shipped within the US, the cost is about $21 (it varies depending on the distance the package has to travel; it would be more expensive to ship it to Calif, and less expensive to ship it to a neighboring state). If the package is delivered to a residence, there is an additional $1.35 charge.

So, assuming that of the $7 BTS charges for shipping, $5 of it is "handling" and $2 is for "shipping", overnight delivery of CMBB via fed ex would run about $27-28, with some people paying as much as $30. This assumes, of course, that BTS's order fulfillment people are set up to do fed ex shipping without an additional charge.

And of course the speed that you get the package also depends on how quickly CM** gets out of the warehouse - I think that at least some of the delay in getting the product is a warehouse delay.

USPS looks pretty good to me.

Fed Ex is expensive. For a standard overnight package weighing between 8 oz. and 1 lb (CMBO plus manual weighed 10.4 oz.) shipped within the US, the cost is about $21 (it varies depending on the distance the package has to travel; it would be more expensive to ship it to Calif, and less expensive to ship it to a neighboring state). If the package is delivered to a residence, there is an additional $1.35 charge.

So, assuming that of the $7 BTS charges for shipping, $5 of it is "handling" and $2 is for "shipping", overnight delivery of CMBB via fed ex would run about $27-28, with some people paying as much as $30. This assumes, of course, that BTS's order fulfillment people are set up to do fed ex shipping without an additional charge.

And of course the speed that you get the package also depends on how quickly CM** gets out of the warehouse - I think that at least some of the delay in getting the product is a warehouse delay.

USPS looks pretty good to me.

I've offered to fedex international priority to those in europe who don't want the censored euro version of CMBB. Cost me only $13 and change per 2-lb package for international priority (2-day usually).

-Tiger

ps

...overnight delivery of CMBB via fed ex would run about $27-28, with some people paying as much as $30.
That seems awfully higher than normal tongue.gif , I think average would run about $14-19 per pkg domestic priority overnight. I'll check on it tomorrow. Don't forget that you'll pay a higher cost as an individual shipping something (jo-blow) than say a company (like Battlefront's shipping dept. for example) who gets stuff shipped regularly.

[ July 25, 2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

I've offered to fedex international priority to those in europe who don't want the censored euro version of CMBB. Cost me only $13 and change per 2-lb package for international priority (2-day usually).

-Tiger

ps

...overnight delivery of CMBB via fed ex would run about $27-28, with some people paying as much as $30.
That seems awfully higher than normal tongue.gif , I think average would run about $14-19 per pkg domestic priority overnight. I'll check on it tomorrow. Don't forget that you'll pay a higher cost as an individual shipping something (jo-blow) than say a company (like Battlefront's shipping dept. for example) who gets stuff shipped regularly.

[ July 25, 2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

But the whole point is, some people wouldn't mind paying for that option - I am one of them. Why not allow us the option?

Additionally, there are some people on this board who live near each other and could order three copies (or whatever) to the same address via FedEx. Those folks would get the game faster and not pay any more in shipping individually.

Finally, I don't know about you, but I would ahve it shipped to the office. The thought of my poor CMBB CD sitting at home without me is too much to bear.

Steve

[ July 25, 2002, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

But the whole point is, some people wouldn't mind paying for that option - I am one of them. Why not allow us the option?

Additionally, there are some people on this board who live near each other and could order three copies (or whatever) to the same address via FedEx. Those folks would get the game faster and not pay any more in shipping individually.

Finally, I don't know about you, but I would ahve it shipped to the office. The thought of my poor CMBB CD sitting at home without me is too much to bear.

Steve

[ July 25, 2002, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Mr Spkr - I worked for a courier company, and was operations manager for about a year.

If you honestly think that Fedex would go out to Battlefront HQ and package everything, address everything, and do all the work, you are sadly mistaken. FedExing everything would be a HUGE investment in time, effectively doubling the workload for the BFC staff who are handling the mailouts. More like tripling - with postage, you don't have to track waybills, run special computer equipment the way you do with Fedex, etc. If I was BFC, I wouldn't go through the hassle and having been in the same position myself, wouldn't blame them if they felt exactly the same way.

[ July 25, 2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Mr Spkr - I worked for a courier company, and was operations manager for about a year.

If you honestly think that Fedex would go out to Battlefront HQ and package everything, address everything, and do all the work, you are sadly mistaken. FedExing everything would be a HUGE investment in time, effectively doubling the workload for the BFC staff who are handling the mailouts. More like tripling - with postage, you don't have to track waybills, run special computer equipment the way you do with Fedex, etc. If I was BFC, I wouldn't go through the hassle and having been in the same position myself, wouldn't blame them if they felt exactly the same way.

[ July 25, 2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Mike -

I don't think it would be as large a problem for various reasons, not the least of which is BFC would pass this charge on to its customers.

I got no problem paying more for FedEx service - I just want the option.

Steve