For those with CMBB - How have Operations been changed???

Ok you lucky SOB's (pardon my "French") that have the game already. Has anyone played any operations yet? How have they been changed? What improvements have been made over CMBO which certainly left a few things to be "desired" in this area? Any info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :cool:

Regards,

Mikester

Originally posted by Echo:

VERY good question. But I suspect no one has had time to fully play one out yet.

You r joking??... :D

But unfortunatly, in the heat of the battle, i wasnt able to locate any diffences to cm:bo...first i need to smash the green/red hordes, then i can fully examine it.

Played a couple of operations and I like what I see. Takes a little getting used to. It's much more important to advance (or withdraw) your entire front in advance and assault operations, since units that get waaay ahead (attack) or stay waaaay behind (defense) have a good chance of getting stuck behind enemy lines without hope of resupply. Those units will also be padlocked in the setup phase of the next battle. This can be a bit of a pain since sometimes units move a little from their original position (might be a beta thing. Got the final beta)) placing them outside of their former cover/foxhole/trench. IMO it would be nice if these units could at least be re-located ten or twenty meters.

It was a source for complaint for me at first, this getting stuck behind enemy lines. But in the end I find it very refreshing and realistic. Heck, you could even intentionally leave units behind while defending. It also makes you a little more careful. Terrain that is yours could still very well have some enemy AT- or tank hunter teams hidden there.

Flags? they're there. And you must grab them. May take a battle or two (or three) to actually reach one or two of them. ;)

Random scenario ending is also cool. Makes you think twice of staying put in that foxhole of yours because you're not at all sure if the enemy isn't going to pound your position a couple of minutes longer.

Yep, i saw this also, a sdkfz of mine, was holding a flag deep in ennemy territory. Unfortunatly, the AI decided to put an inf. unit in front of it (including a foxhole.. :rolleyes: ). Also, some ennemy inf. crawled around my setup zones. Would be extremly dangerous, if some Panzerschrecks are in your back.. smile.gif

Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lindan:

Play Mobile Defense as Germans vs. the AI.

It' very tense and very difficult. I played this OP three times and got my ass handed to me each and every time. enjoy!

Heh, lost that one too. smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Lindan:

Play Mobile Defense as Germans vs. the AI.

It' very tense and very difficult. I played this OP three times and got my ass handed to me each and every time. enjoy!

Funny to hear how the AI is owning all of us know! Cant wait to see if I can withstand the onslaught of the treacherous AI!

Chad