playtesters needed for CC2 scenario . . .

I've recreated the CC2 battle for Son Town. You remember the map where the US paratroopers start out in the canal, at the far right edge of the map? The town is lightly defended by Germans (with a few nasty HMG's), and an AWFUL 88mm!

The force mix is slightly different from CC2 (since CC2 didn't model platoon organization like CM does), but I kind of averaged it out to 1 U.S. para company, VS 1 Security platoon (reinforced). Plus an Flak88.

I've play tested it from both sides (vs AI), and won major victories for both sides. So, despite the lopsided force balance, it can be a massacre for the Americans.

I'm not sure what forces were historically present at Son Town, for the Germans. I'd like to hear what you all know about the forces present. (It was the 101st airborne, for the U.S., right?)

Later,

Gpig

P.s. It might take me a few days to email the scenario to anyone interested. Bit busy, these days. smile.gif

P.P.S. I'm also working on the next battle, for the Son bridge. It's going to be an operation, with a German counter-attack (if the allies fail to capture the bridge on day one.) I'm going to try and recreate the bridge blowing event with TRP's and "honor-system" 155mm spotters. For the bridge blowing to work, this would have to be played by real people. Or the Axis side, only.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure thing!

I've had a couple of the above playtesters get back to me with good results. I'll send it to you shortly.

I've been trying to complete the second CC2 battle in that operation (Son Bridge), but have found it difficult to create the bridge blowing scene. When played against the A.I., you have to be the Germans (to keep the German bridge blowing 240mm F.O.'s true to their task). But when playing as the Germans in playtesting, the Allies never try and cross the bridge and take it. (Maybe their scouts spotted the locked 240mm TRP in the middle span of the bridge. redface.gif ) I've even made sure it is an "Advance" operation.

Maybe I should just make it a battle, instead of an operation. Have reinforcements arrive piecemeal over the course of a 40 turn battle.

Oops, rambling.

anyway . . . if anyone is interested, I've been making a lot of the old CC2 battles, more out of nostalgia than anything. Some of the maps in CC2 were so much fun to fight over, that 3d versions are just aching to be done. To date I've done the Oosterbeek railbridge, Oosterbeek LZ, Son Town, Son Bridge (actually, I'm going to re-do this one).

Later.

[This message has been edited by Gpig (edited 04-02-2001).]