CMBB: Which Tank entices you the most?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MikeyD:

... One thing, though. CMBB prices their vehicles according to rarity associated with date and region. An Elefant in 1944 might be a touch expensive to purchase for a game compared to a pile-o-Stugs...

Only if you play with the rarity option (fixed or variable). If not, that ain't a problem.

Originally posted by redwolf:

No time to comment on this but this is what I have seen before on the subject..

Ferdinand/Elefant

Eastern Front

s.Pz.Jg. Reg. 656 (s.Pz.Jg. Abt. 653 and 654 fielding the Ferdinands)

In action at the opening of operation Zitadelle. At the evening of the opening day 37 Ferdinands where combat ready.

In August the Regiment was pulled out of the line. Abt. 654 was sent to the west to refit with Jagdpanthers while Abt. 653 remained on the eastern front until the end of November when it was ordered to move back to Germany to repair and upgrade.

After 4 months of combat on the Eastern front the Regiment claimed to have destroyed 582 tanks, 344 AT-guns and 133 pieces of artillery.

In early April 1944 s.Pz.Jg. Abt. 653 (now without its 1. Comp in Italy) was ordered to return to the east, operating in the area of Heeresgruppe Nordukraine, to help stem the Russian summer offensive.

In October the s.Pz.Jg. Abt. 653 was ordered back to refit with Jagdtigers. The remaining Elefants where herded together in s.Jg.Pz.Kp. 614, in which they fought on till the bitter end in the east. The last reports tell of the company (only four combat ready Elefants) fighting with KG Ritter south of Berlin the 22. April 1945.

Italian Front

1. comp s.Pz.Jg. Abt. 653

Deployed in February 1944. Fought throughout the spring of 44’. There were rarely more than 6 vehicles combat ready at any one time. On the 26. June 1944 the support and repair vehicles of the company was ordered to be return to the Abt. Fighting in Russia. The Remaining two operational Elefants where to be left in Italy.

M.

Originally posted by The ol one eye.:

I want to command my very own company of t-34\85 out across the field and watch them decimate mkIVs.

So, let me get this straight. You want your company of T-34/85s to destroy only one out of ten Mk IVs on the battlefield? [From the literal translation of the Roman term 'deci'- (tenth) mate.] That doesn't sound very exciting.

As for the Ostfront tanks that I am looking forward to- the list is far too long and will change depending on the year I am fighting. here are some-

1) Starting with BTs and T-26 against PzKW IIs and early PzKW IIIs.

2) Then, the ill-formed Russian combined tank regiments of KVs, T-34s, and T-60/70s in '42 against PzKW IIIs with the 50/L60 gun.

3) The PzKW III "Struminfanteriegesfchultz" in the Streets of Stalingrad.

4) Followed by T-34s against a German defense long-range AT gun assets (including the Nashorn...).

5) Then T-34/85s against Panthers and Tigers.

6) Finally, the ISU-152 and IS-2 supported by a re-inforced assualt company in the streets of Berlin.

Originally posted by redwolf:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by manchildstein II:

brumbar and elephant together in '44...

I don't think that is going to happen in 1944. If I followed correctly, BTS will limit availablity of the Ferdinand to historical Eastern front appearings,w hich would be Kursk and very late in 1945. In between they hung out in Italy.

Brummbär or Brummbaer will rock, though.</font>