Any interest in CMBO mods any more?

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

If it looks like a building from your country, it's because you sent me the brick texture and pictures of Dutch buildings to get started.

Ah, There is that, yes. :D

Bump for the master of CM real-estate!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Fruit Loops:

no

Thanks for your honesty, and well written post Mr. Loops. Maybe I'll try adding " soldiers with rabid, flesh eating,ill tempered, decapitating, mutated birds with frigging laser beams attached to their heads " just for you. :rolleyes:

[ August 24, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Tanks a Lot ]

Those are my trees in the background of tools4fools pics. So I'll forgive him for hijacking my thread. ;)

I only posted the pics because of the truly fantastic trees - the tanks were mere decorations...

Maybe next time there will be your buildings in the pics...(once I dl those buldings of course)

;)

Regards

Marcus

From lcm1937:

I truely believe that the western front is the most interesting of the two fronts and as CMBB gets introduced and more people find out about it more people will be turned on to CMBO. Anyway, that's what I think and that's why I think BFC should concentrate on the engine rewrite and revisit the western front. I bet most people don't even know that there was any fighting any place else but the western front or at least have any idea or care. Call me silly if you want but that's me - silly.

Okay, your silly smile.gif

I don't agree with you there, unless we are talking a young inexperienced crowd with no wargaming experience and only Hollywood movies for any kind of WWII knowledge. And even that crowd, I think, would soon love the Eastern front as well. Call me silly.

In simple terms, the east front gives you a lot more tools and toys. Its fun to play either side, fighting against the evil Nazis or the evil Communist. I'm sure CMBB will "convert" many west front favored entusiasts to the east front. Wait till you get CMBB and get some playing time.

Personally, I hope CMII is not West Front again. It would be such a small thing covering 1944-45 after the release of CMBB. Med (including Italy) covering the entire war is more like it. Maybe they could include Europe West Front with the Med package as well? But I'll be waiting feverishly for a CMII East Front version for sure.

Very nice job Ozzy. Several of them look really good. Can you show them from a higher viewpoint?

Yes, of course, give me a day or two. Actually I would have liked to use a higher viewpoint myself, but many prefer playing on level 1 or 2, so I chose this level. I'll giv it a try at level 4, which should be best for the purpose.

I forgot to mention: these light terrain features include *many* transparencies, and hence come only to full effect if used on grasses with a high colour/terrain elevation gradient (i.e. gunnergoz's grass)

They are high res.

These buildings are AWESOME, Ed! I just returned from Belgium and that's what the building look like. You even got the moss right.

I already have your earlier buildings loaded. I'm waiting to upgrade.

And yes, there is still a lot of interest in CMBO for us western front enthusiasts.

Originally posted by Lawyer:

These buildings are AWESOME, Ed! I just returned from Belgium and that's what the building look like. You even got the moss right.

I already have your earlier buildings loaded. I'm waiting to upgrade.

And yes, there is still a lot of interest in CMBO for us western front enthusiasts.

Thanks Lawyer.

It's taken me a while to get the feel for making European looking buildings. I even had to import that moss from Europe. ;)

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Boy! It sure would be nice to be able to get them at TOM'S CMHQ!!! I mean TOM, it would be really a community service to get them at TOM'S CMHQ!!! You know TOM, it would sure be swell if these were available at TOM'S CMHQ, TOM!!! :D

Good news Bruno. I'm sending them to Tom right now.

Originally posted by RDM:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

Good news Bruno. I'm sending them to Tom right now.

Tank, Can you post a link? I can't tell which are the new ones vs any older ones. Thanks</font>