German 37mm door knocker...

Both, I believe. It apparently becomes available in 1942, but there's no guarantee you'll get them.

This represents the Stielgranate 41 round, which was like a cross between a panzerfaust and a rifle grenade. If you search for that in the forums, you can probably find pictures. It was a big mother - much bigger than the 37mm bore size.

Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner:

Yes, the German paras in the "Carentan" episode of BoB did indeed have a 37mm with the HC round. Although it did seem a bit unrealistic that they would fire such a round at a single GI, and not save it for enemy armor. But that's Hollywood I suppose..

If you're being overrun by enemy infantry, want to wheel your heavy weapons away, but have a huge freakin explosive bomb on the end of the barrel...wouldn't you fire the damn thing off and then foot it as fast as possible?

It's been about 3 weeks since I saw the episode of Band of Brothers but yes, it was in the 3rd or fourth episode. I remeber having read about it on a website a day or two before and then seeing it on BoB was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah it's overkill but I would imagine that that happens a lot in combat. Course if you think about it a .22 is all you really need to kill someone, everything else is just insurance.

[ November 26, 2002, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: KwK43 L/71 ]

I'm in love with that round. In early war I got maybe 5 HC rounds for a single 37mm doorknocker I had in a forward position overlooking a road, upon which 3 KV-1's advanced. I would've been toast without those nasty lil rounds to pop them Klim's with. IIRC it had something like 100 m/s speed and 140mm penetration at 100m / 0 angle.

Was a nasty surprise for my opponent :D

<3 <3 <3