Stalingrad Pack Update!

The Stalingrad Pack is a joint project between the Der Kessel and Boots & Tracks design teams, and was first announced in this thread. Tonight, we have a few more screenshots of Stalingrad Pack scenarios, and some more information for interested CMBB players.

Production is on schedule and we expect to have everything done on time for our intended November 19th release. At this time it appears that we should have about 27 scenarios in the pack, with at least three additional QB maps based on the area. As previously mentioned, we will also be including Clubfoot's very cool "Stalingrad Pack" mainscreen and a brief writeup of the history and placement of our scenarios within the context of the historical battle.

But enough of that stuff - here are some screenshots!

Stormsmall.jpg

The village of Verkniy-Kumskiy burns throughout the savage fighting in Berli's "Eye of the Storm."

Antonsmall.jpg

Soviet forces prepare to move out of their assembly area and assault the Rumanians in Franko's "Antonescu Kaputt."

Kalachsmall.jpg

The bridge on the Don sits silent in the dead of night, as Berli's "Kalach-na-Donu" begins.

A week or two more and we should be able to release a final batch of screenshots and the scenario list. Thanks to all for their patience - we can't wait to get this monster project out to everyone!

Scott

I am really anticipating this one. Thanks to the fellas over at Boots and Tracks and Der Kessel for their hard work.

If you haven't been to the Boots and Tracks web page in a while, now is the time. The latest B&T Times is out along with a special surprise.

'Nuff said.

Cheers,

Jason

Originally posted by John O'Reilly:

Will most of the scenarios be playable on mid-range machines (800 MHz) with decent RAM and G-card? I have found that the large city battles can cause considerable slow-down. Thanks for your efforts regardless,

John

I can only speak for the Boots and Tracks scenarios, but if they can be tested on a P2-233 and a TNT, then they'll run fine on your rig.

Originally posted by John O'Reilly:

Will most of the scenarios be playable on mid-range machines (800 MHz) with decent RAM and G-card? I have found that the large city battles can cause considerable slow-down. Thanks for your efforts regardless,

John

I suspect that the majority of the scenarios do not take place within the city itself

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

i wish someone would do the russian uni's, cuz looking at that pic they look cold

I hear that. I was kind of hoping we'd see Soviets in winter camo by now as well. :(

As for the scenarios, Kingfish and Berli are correct. Most of the scenarios do take place outside the city itself, although there will be a handful of urban fights - at least eight - and at least one QB map based in the city. The urban stuff varies in size from small to large; only one of the six I've seen wasn't very playable on my P3-450.

Scott

[ November 02, 2002, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Scott B ]

Guest Sgt. Emren

Man, this is like getting a free Expansion Pack... and it's not even Christmas yet!!! smile.gif

Very cool. Thanks a lot for the efforts to all that are helping out!