CMBO Unit Database by Wolfe (remember this?)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jjelinek:

Nice reference, any chance of adding armour penetration and CMBO purchase point values?

Hey! Just found this thread. Armor penetration is in there. Purchase points is a boring PITA to do. smile.gif Jason (Guachi) did it once for CM 1.03, but it's not been updated since. And purchase values for some units change over time (mostly because of tungsten rounds).

I've updated my charts: adding how long it takes for turretless vehicles to turn around on open ground and how long it takes to deploy/setup support weapons once they've moved.

- Chris

Hey Wolfe, Just as an aside I wanted to give you Kudos for the scenarios on your page. Downloaded a couple a while back and enjoyed them immensely. Especially liked "Forest Dwellers".

Thanks for writing em. Any more infantry heavy scenarios in the works from you???

-Sarge

[ June 11, 2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Sarge Saunders ]

Originally posted by Sarge Saunders:

Hey Wolfe, Just as an aside I wanted to give you Kudos for the scenarios on your page. Downloaded a couple a while back and enjoyed them immensely. Especially liked "Forest Dwellers".

Thanks! Glad you like 'em. Wasn't aware that anyone bothered to play them. smile.gif

Thanks for writing em. Any more infantry heavy scenarios in the works from you???
No, I haven't worked on any since last year. Kinda got tired of them. I have a dozen or so half-completed ones, but they didn't turn out the way I had hoped, and were never close to being finished. The only one that was close was an oddity with a symmetrical map. I've never tested it, but you can play with it if you like. It's a biggie and a bit unusual. smile.gif

Berm Defense

- Chris

[ June 11, 2002, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

Originally posted by Wolfe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sarge Saunders:

Thanks! Glad you like 'em. Wasn't aware that anyone bothered to play them. smile.gif

No, I haven't worked on any since last year. Kinda got tired of them. I have a dozen or so half-completed ones, but they didn't turn out the way I had hoped, and were never close to being finished. The only one that was close was an oddity with a symmetrical map. I've never tested it, but you can play with it if you like. It's a biggie and a bit unusual. smile.gif

Berm Defense

- Chris</font>

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Wolfe:

Chris ... nice work on the charts .. I found them

before this thread and have found them useful.

I still have a version of the chart for CM1.03 with purchase points if anybody needs it .. cant

remember the URL.

What i would like to see ... and may attempt it myself if/when i get time ... is a chart similar

to the ones Chris has created but the ability to display two sets of unit data side by side for easy comparison. Shouldnt be too hard to implement.

Would be useful when purchasing units or even mid battle when you need a quick look as to how that Hetzers armour compares to your Hellcats AP.

Lou2000

I'm a newbie but I've seen this chart. Good tool for helping pick your forces.

Is there a similar tool for helping to track units during a battle?

I can't tell you how many times, at the most crucial moment, I'll call upon a unit that I had put aside many turns before only to find it's been wiped down to 2 guys and slingshot. I have no idea when it happened.

Any pointers? Or am I on a slippery sloop to micromanagement? Is it a realism thing and I'm supposed to lose track of units in the heat of battle?

I use the Unit Bases On feature a lot, but the "+" and "-" keys just move the view angle up and down, one step at a time. I have the 1.12 version, purchased new about four months ago.

Been meaning to ask this question.

[ August 10, 2002, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: JTM ]

Originally posted by JTM:

I use the Unit Bases On feature a lot, but the "+" and "-" keys just move the view angle up and down, one step at a time. I have the 1.12 version, purchased new about four months ago.

Been meaning to ask this question.

I assume you are using the keypad ...Try the other + & - keys ... next to the backspace !

:rolleyes:

Lou2000

• 1 month later...