Insane/Wacky scenarios

The 'wackiest' I remember downloading was called something like 'Chess'. The board was all a central hill with a checkerboard of scattered trees and clear. Most of the units were weapons teams. Apparently the idea was that you move them as 'pieces'. If you wanted something faster, just do a QB with both sides human picked. An all flamethrower 600pter should be fairly funny.

LOL! A flamethrower duel, I've never thought of that!

I've come up with some ideas though,

What about a map only 400 meters wide but 2,000+ meters long. Get some AT guns and tanks and we can have a ultra long range shootout!

Or a map called Quality vs. Quantity.

It'll be 10 or 15 german Uber Tanks versus swarms of some Allied not-so-uber tanks.

(No grogs roast me for that one, I very well know late war Shermans and such were at least on par with quite a few German tanks. I was referring to maybe some Sherman I's or maybe Greyhounds =P....OR DAIDLERS XD)

I've been working on one that is essentially a Korean War sim. Hordes of fanatical infantry come up three sides of a hill toward a lone platoon with massive arty support and several fight bombers. Meant to be somewhat real, but plays kinda whacky...like war itself, I suppose. :eek: I'll mail it to the interested.

this ones not really wacky, but I make some "test" scenarios just to pass time.

hordes of flamethrowers against hordes of german armor,

flamethrowers against infantry on diffrent types of tiles in separate islands.

.50 cals against a whole bunch of german armor. engeneers against tanks.105's (7 batteries?) firing point-blak into dug-in infantry in a city.

T26's versus KT's + 240mm's and 300mm's + artillery.

14" naval guns against infantry, armor, and diffrent structures on a wide,thin island.i ad fun watching all the huge explosions.(I had 16 FO's w/ 16 salvoes each) :D

like I said, not realy wacky, but can occupy time.

check this page: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

look for the hysterical scenarios.

theres a race between trucks,jeeps and kubelwagens, plus some extras.thers also a maze with a kingtiger trying to exit the map and stuarts,flamethrowers and 40mm Bofors to stop it.

awwww crap, my webpage is missing...look for it later or i will say when it is up...

"""i got a couple: one for dr strangelove, one with a hedge maze, one with a town evacuation(using board member names) and a bridge demolition! http://user.7host.com/russellmz/main.html """

try out deanco's hysterical scenarios. i like the racecar one the best. http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]

One rather strange scenario I'm right in the middle of as a PBEM is Rune's "Coldstream Guards"--a meeting engagement where it's nearly impossible for the opposing forces to meet....You have to see it and play it for a while to learn just how strange (not quite "evil") it really is.

These aren't exactly wacky but Wild Bill has a couple of "fun" scenarios that are worth checking out. In one a crack Panther (Sgt. Barkman?) has to rescue a captured HQ and return home and in the other a British paratroop team has to raid a radar station in France and escape by sea. I couldn't win either against the AI the first time (there's a learning curve with both....)Can't remember either's name (can any one else do it?) but they're available from Scenario Depot.

http://www.russellmz.20m.com/

here they are, up again!

decision: most units are named after the cm ubb members! kill or save them! the only "engineers using demo charges to take down a bridge" scenario in existence!

dr. strangelove: the assault on burpelson air base! get gen. jack d. ripper or col. mandrake ALIVE!

maze: move yr panther in the maze to the exit. watch out for the little guys! (bonus fun: ignore the units and go to level one view and try to get out)