What a great game!!!!!!

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I bought CMBO about a week ago and it has consumed ALL of my free time. I normally play "Commandos" type squad based games but CMBO looked interesting so I picked it up. When I am not playing it I am thinking about how to improve my strategy.

The game has a fairly steep learning curve and I have had my a#% handed to me on a regular basis, but I keep coming back.

Welcome!!! It's great to see all the new players here. Just make sure your wife or girlfriend understands that you have "seen the light'! You remind her of all the extra money she will get to spend now because you no longer have to purchase another piece of software!!!!!

I lied......you now need to get CMBB....and then CMAK....then you will never need another wargame!

Enjoy! :D

Hi all...

I too am a very newbie. Actually so newbie I don't have the game yet. I've only played the demo and before I even finished my first game I had ordered it. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

And I'm sure this forum will be very helpful for improving my game.

BigD

Welcome, fellow newbies! I just got the bundle pack a few weeks ago, and as you said, it has become a black hole for spare time! If any of you are interested in getting a PBEM game going sometime, drop me an E-Mail. I've been wanting to try that out for a while now :cool:

I have a high member number, but i'm not a newbie.

I'd been looking for something like this for years. i started out playing Squad Leader back in the late '70s, and stuck with that until the system got just too hard. I was playing with a group of guys in about 1990, we played for 6 hours, and completed 1/2 of a turn!

i bought a computer about 3 days later.

i love CMBO, but ration my time (now). I have this wife and this job, see, and not sleeping was beginning to wear thin.

When I get CMBB I;ll have about a month without much sleep again, and then slowly wean myself off. Maybe rehab or something.

I also just got a cable modem, so I'm gonna try tcp/ip sometime soon.

Welcome to the brave new world of gaming, newbies! Your life will never be the same.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Welcome, the game is great, as is the forum, but stay away from the Peng threads. Dark and Evil things go on in there....

Okay, I've seen warnings to stay away from the Peng threads a few times. What's up with that?

BigD

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Welcome, the game is great, as is the forum, but stay away from the Peng threads. Dark and Evil things go on in there....

Now, now, let's not be taking the Lord Peng's name in vain. There is nothing Dark (I mean other than there are no lights... and it is under ground...) nor Evil (er...) in the Mutha Beautiful Thread (and it will always be there)

Originally posted by BigDork:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Okay, I've seen warnings to stay away from the Peng threads a few times. What's up with that?

BigD </font>

PENG thread! I am also new here, but got lost in the PENG dimension for a decade last week while we were slow at work. I would stay away from there if I were you. Just say NO.

I found myself in an aberrant post-PENG state, naked (sans a gray clip-on fabric bow tie attached painfully and yet artistically to an appendage that was not in current use at the time) and quoting Poe's A Tell Tale Heart from my balcony with my cats miming out the more visual passages, meowing the more vocal ones in support.

I was nothing like this pre-PENG, as I always had performed the Raven before.

Nothing to see in the PENG thread folks, just move along to the next thread. It is just an urban legend.

P.S. Hi mom.

This damn game should have a warning label. First, I spend 1-2 hours a day trying to beat the AI. Then, I discover the BF forums, spending .5 hours a day, plus my AI habit which is by then, up to 3-4 hours a day. No problem, I am in control, not the game. Then I figure I will try PBEM, ummmm when did the sun go down!!!!

Ok, reading the forums, PBEM, re-reading the forums, we are talking 5-8 hours a day-night-day.

Then the Peng thread, which I have warned others of, sucks me in. Now, I play PBEM, and refresh the Peng thread to see if anyone has insulted me, or responded to my *twitch* insult, I alt-tab back to my mail page, refresh that, to see if any of my 4 opponents *twitch* have SENT ME A FREAKING TURN in the last 3 minutes, yes? WOO HOO, upload their orders, play it out, give my orders, send it off, refresh the forums, *twitch* see if any one has *twitch* insulted me or responded tomyinsultcheckmailpagetoseeifmyopponentshavesentAFREAKINGTU................

Next thing you know, I am a cautionary tale. CM addiction is like a Lovecraftian monster, it's mere gaze causes insanity. DO NOT GO TO IPSWICH

This game never ceases to amaze me.

I was just playing a ME against the Americans. Kicking butt too. I'd knocked out all their vehicles and was blasting away infantry with my tanks.

Well I had most of my infantry in the woods at a VP when suddenly a nasty, nasty artillary barrage hits. They had to have been at least 105mm. I'm not familiar enough with the game yet to be positive. And with all my guys in the same clump of woods it wasn't pretty. Lots of deaths and routs. :(

Afterwards I didn't have enough troops and time to rally take the other VP. Dang the AI! :mad:

BigD

[ July 19, 2003, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: BigDork ]