**ACCURATE StuH42 (mid) mod!!!**

Continuing my push to rework my old CMBB Stug Pack for CMAK:

3-color camou StuH42 assault howitzer (middle version)

At our favorite site:

www.cmmods.com

Just like my earlier reworked Stugs, this mod's got improved running gear, a full coat of Zimmerit anti-magnetic paste, and armor skirts with the correct number of panels (4 instead of 5). I've been trying some new camouflage techniques lately and this mod has a dark and menacing brown with green scheme. Also, like the StuG IIIG early-mid I recently uploaded, this mod gives you a choice of full or partial side-skirts, or just the hanger hardware.

Here's the screenshot:

http://www.cmmods.com/web/CMAKMods.nsf/d108908febc2d41c85256c5f005fd337/09283D9323B53DE785256E7C004F1AE2/$File/STUH42_MID.JPG

[ April 20, 2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Ooops! I just fixed that URL.

I must have a mental block on that darned address. That's the second time this month I've misspelled that thing in a posting, and I had to retype it three times to correct it this time around! The correct URL is cowmods, right? ;)

---

About that camou pattern in Italy, while working on it I was thinking of that famous series of photos of German soldiers in the rain marching past the disabled Elefant, and the mean looking Panther, and a scruffy looking Stug. If memory serves all the vehicles in the photos had a 3-tone camou scheme not unlike my StuH42. It's my impression that the deeper it got into the muddy/rainy Italian winter the more the sunny yellow panzers gave way to darker camou panzers.

[ April 20, 2004, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

On the ambush schemes, I just got home and checked a couple of books. It does seem that the ambush scheme was France 1944 only, so sad it is my favorite.

Italian schemes seem to be yellow (gelb) base with either green or red-brown overspray.

Oh, MIkeyD, beautiful work, as always.

MikeT

There's a difference between 'ambush' camou (aka: my ambush Hetzer from a couple weeks back) and simple 3-tone camou. Ambush was usually factory applied, looked rather consistent vehicle-to-vehicle, was usually hard-edged, and involved 'dapple' spots of dark-on-light and light-on-dark. If ambush camou showed up in Italy it was no doubt on a factory-painted replacement vehicle shiped to the front sometime after mid-44.

3-tone camou is sometimes factory applied, sometimes applied in the field, is most often sprayed on but sometimes brush applied. A green and brown color paste was supplied to the troops. This was thinned (with gasoline?) and applied onto the vellow-basecoat. This application method would result in a great variety of colors, shades, and patterns depending on the artistic ability of the crew.