Very groggy question on the German and French rail system

Hans

Anyone who remembers Avalon Hill's 1914 knows the importance of eisenbahnbautruppen. Even if operating on the same gauge, as you push into an enemy country the railroad infrastructure gets torn up, especially at switches and over- and under-passes. So you need these troops to put the track back in order so that your rolling stock has something to move on. Railroads are probably the most efficient way ever invented for moving supplies, followed by canals.

Originally posted by Philippe:

Anyone who remembers Avalon Hill's 1914 knows the importance of eisenbahnbautruppen. Even if operating on the same gauge, as you push into an enemy country the railroad infrastructure gets torn up, especially at switches and over- and under-passes. So you need these troops to put the track back in order so that your rolling stock has something to move on. Railroads are probably the most efficient way ever invented for moving supplies, followed by canals.

Yep I had a source that mentioned (in three sentences only) a confrontation between what I thought might be German rail troops and a French Reconnaissance unit on 19 May

Originally posted by Andreas:

You know, I knew you would post something like that.

You are getting predictable Boggsy. ;)

Yeah, yeah.

Now predict when your Sea Lion scenarios will be available.

Tonight is NOT soon enough.

And quit teasing us with those screenies in that other Thread. You are truly evil/marketing guru.

Originally posted by Andreas:

Boggsy is doing something wrong. Clearly. Otherwise he would be on the list.

Of course, insulting me by using vile, abominable terms such as 'marketing' does nothing to get him on the list.

Hey!

I'm on a number of lists. Just look in your "S" folder.

Nobody can be this cold blooded except marketing guys and Germans...

Well that answers that.