Peng Challenges the Abominable Snowman

Nice to see that while I'm away experiencing "The Passion of Christ" on the GF, you dolts would take the opportunity to belittle and otherwise make me feel small.

Lars tell them about your Jock Column, or would you like me to put up screenies of your flaming wrecks and routed infantry.

Noba I can't think of the last time you defeated me in battle that wasn't overly tipped in your favor.

While I have had my share of defeats, I will not allow my reputation as a superior tactician to be besmerched...or is it besmirched, no matter, I will not be humiliated!!!

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see that while I'm away experiencing "The Passion of Christ" on the GF, you dolts would take the opportunity to belittle and otherwise make me feel small.

Lars tell them about your Jock Column, or would you like me to put up screenies of your flaming wrecks and routed infantry.

Noba I can't think of the last time you defeated me in battle that wasn't overly tipped in your favor.

While I have had my share of defeats, I will not allow my reputation as a superior tactician to be besmerched...or is it besmirched, no matter, I will not be humiliated!!!

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I just got back from a week long stay in NJ. I wonder why fate likes to crap on sisters. My sister, Beth is now suffering from two inoperable tumors and she can barely talk and walk. My lovely girlfriend/fiance and I helped out as much as we could while there. Since I cannot cure cancer, I did dishes. Lots of dishes!!

Since Beth's doctor gave her a "couple" of months more to live because of how fast the cancer is spreading, I savored every moment with my frustrated sister.

Seanachai, I am sorry for the struggle you and your sister are going through and I am available if you want to speak at all on any topic. JDMorse was very kind to me over the last couple of years and he gave me plenty of advice on this matter. Send me an email, Steven if you wish.

Mike

Hiram, I thank you for reminding me that misery is never any one person's lot, because it reminds me that joy isn't in only a few hands, either.

I'm sorry for your sister, and your family, and what you all are going through.

And I thank everyone else (you know who you are) who've shared with me your own stories of tragedy and triumph.

I've been reminded that many people suffer, and some of them irrevocably so. We still, in our family, have a great deal of hope. It's hard to watch someone you love be horribly miserable for weeks on end, but we still have our fingers crossed for remission.

My heart goes out now, as it always should have, to those whose suffering hasn't even the whisper of a happy ending.

Roight! Spring is here in Minnesota. Seems a bit early. I'm taking it as a sign.

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I just got back from a week long stay in NJ. I wonder why fate likes to crap on sisters. My sister, Beth is now suffering from two inoperable tumors and she can barely talk and walk. My lovely girlfriend/fiance and I helped out as much as we could while there. Since I cannot cure cancer, I did dishes. Lots of dishes!!

Since Beth's doctor gave her a "couple" of months more to live because of how fast the cancer is spreading, I savored every moment with my frustrated sister.

Seanachai, I am sorry for the struggle you and your sister are going through and I am available if you want to speak at all on any topic. JDMorse was very kind to me over the last couple of years and he gave me plenty of advice on this matter. Send me an email, Steven if you wish.

Mike

Hiram, I thank you for reminding me that misery is never any one person's lot, because it reminds me that joy isn't in only a few hands, either.

I'm sorry for your sister, and your family, and what you all are going through.

And I thank everyone else (you know who you are) who've shared with me your own stories of tragedy and triumph.

I've been reminded that many people suffer, and some of them irrevocably so. We still, in our family, have a great deal of hope. It's hard to watch someone you love be horribly miserable for weeks on end, but we still have our fingers crossed for remission.

My heart goes out now, as it always should have, to those whose suffering hasn't even the whisper of a happy ending.

Roight! Spring is here in Minnesota. Seems a bit early. I'm taking it as a sign.

Seanachai ,

Take it as a sign that something evil this way comes...look into your email later today. One from Jr. Evil, it features:

November 1941, explody things, crunchies, more explody things, captured explody things, an oasis, and add in a nasty sandstorm. Yes, the same scenario sent to Lars for being a Joebob want-a-be.

Pick a victim, and feedback is required, it is the only way he willlearn.

Rune

Seanachai ,

Take it as a sign that something evil this way comes...look into your email later today. One from Jr. Evil, it features:

November 1941, explody things, crunchies, more explody things, captured explody things, an oasis, and add in a nasty sandstorm. Yes, the same scenario sent to Lars for being a Joebob want-a-be.

Pick a victim, and feedback is required, it is the only way he willlearn.

Rune

Ah yes, Wednesday, Hump Day as it were, dreaming of the weekend...

Saturday Morning 9 AM

As faithful as any church goer, I take my coffee and the daily disappointment (newspaper) to the patio in the back. It is Saturday at 9 AM. It is Spring in Florida.

The first thing that is noticed is the crisp clean air and the sparkling dance of light on the grass as the last bits of dew slowly evaporate under the warm morning sun. Deep Breath. Ahhhh!

Now the sounds of Saturday morning begin to cascade in from the surrounding neigborhood. The shouts and screams of children playing. Now this is a truly unique sound. Children don't just laugh from their throat, or their diaphram, children laugh and shout from the bottom of their soul with all the spirit and joy that only they can understand. For you see, children play with a passion that adults can only wax nostalgic over. When children play it is with every ounce of their soul and being. There is no hesitation, no concern over social graces, just pure unadulterated, full-speed ahead fun.

Now the cheerful morning songs of the various bird creatures who zoom in swiftly, then suddenly, with an effortless lift of the wings, settle gracefully on the roof of the shed. Head cocking first left, then right, it surveys the yard for a potential breakfast.

Ah, all is good!

Then, the sound that fills one with dread. The neighbor is mowing his yard! We have an unwritten agreement amongst ourselves. We will put off mowing the yard for as long as our dear wives will allow. By joining together in this endeavor, our yards grow at an equal rate, thereby keeping a consistency that precludes someone from making a comparison to the other yard and commenting that ours looks like an abandoned meadow compared to the neighbors.

But alas, sooner of later a wife suddenly notices that she cannot see the car parked on the driveway due to the current landscaping pattern.

My neighbor has fallen victim to this female eagle eye and is starting the chain of events (somewhat like dominoes) that has one neighbor after another firing up his lawn mower to maintain the "natural balance" of things.

Well now, the coffee is drunk (much like myself the night before) and this magic moment comes to it's inevitable end. Time to awaken from this dream and rejoin humanity.

Ah yes, Wednesday, Hump Day as it were, dreaming of the weekend...

Saturday Morning 9 AM

As faithful as any church goer, I take my coffee and the daily disappointment (newspaper) to the patio in the back. It is Saturday at 9 AM. It is Spring in Florida.

The first thing that is noticed is the crisp clean air and the sparkling dance of light on the grass as the last bits of dew slowly evaporate under the warm morning sun. Deep Breath. Ahhhh!

Now the sounds of Saturday morning begin to cascade in from the surrounding neigborhood. The shouts and screams of children playing. Now this is a truly unique sound. Children don't just laugh from their throat, or their diaphram, children laugh and shout from the bottom of their soul with all the spirit and joy that only they can understand. For you see, children play with a passion that adults can only wax nostalgic over. When children play it is with every ounce of their soul and being. There is no hesitation, no concern over social graces, just pure unadulterated, full-speed ahead fun.

Now the cheerful morning songs of the various bird creatures who zoom in swiftly, then suddenly, with an effortless lift of the wings, settle gracefully on the roof of the shed. Head cocking first left, then right, it surveys the yard for a potential breakfast.

Ah, all is good!

Then, the sound that fills one with dread. The neighbor is mowing his yard! We have an unwritten agreement amongst ourselves. We will put off mowing the yard for as long as our dear wives will allow. By joining together in this endeavor, our yards grow at an equal rate, thereby keeping a consistency that precludes someone from making a comparison to the other yard and commenting that ours looks like an abandoned meadow compared to the neighbors.

But alas, sooner of later a wife suddenly notices that she cannot see the car parked on the driveway due to the current landscaping pattern.

My neighbor has fallen victim to this female eagle eye and is starting the chain of events (somewhat like dominoes) that has one neighbor after another firing up his lawn mower to maintain the "natural balance" of things.

Well now, the coffee is drunk (much like myself the night before) and this magic moment comes to it's inevitable end. Time to awaken from this dream and rejoin humanity.

What grass mod do they use in your neighborhood?

Do you have that zoyzia grass that everyone raves about down in Heaven's Waiting Room? You know the stuff that you plant in plugs, that eventually grows to look like a giant green steel wool pad.

People plant it up here, it turns a sickly lemon yellow in the fall and winter, and then in spring it begins its attack on those neighbors who have real grass they are attempting to grow. I have had to use a barrier of Agent Orange between my yard and the Zoyzia Neighbor, in order to save what is left of my fescue/bluegrass combo sod which cost me over a grand last year.

Do you have that zoyzia grass that everyone raves about down in Heaven's Waiting Room? You know the stuff that you plant in plugs, that eventually grows to look like a giant green steel wool pad.

People plant it up here, it turns a sickly lemon yellow in the fall and winter, and then in spring it begins its attack on those neighbors who have real grass they are attempting to grow. I have had to use a barrier of Agent Orange between my yard and the Zoyzia Neighbor, in order to save what is left of my fescue/bluegrass combo sod which cost me over a grand last year.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Well, generally speaking for "Outdoor Use", the majority use St. Augustine or Bahia. For "Indoor Use", I believe it's Jamaican or Columbian.

At least that is what I have been told.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Well, generally speaking for "Outdoor Use", the majority use St. Augustine or Bahia. For "Indoor Use", I believe it's Jamaican or Columbian.

At least that is what I have been told.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Time to awaken from this dream and rejoin humanity.

As what? </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

As what? </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

As what? </font>