Few are as truly challenged as Peng

Originally posted by rune:

Joebob ,

You know what they say, those that can make scenarios, do, those that can't, play, those that can do neither...being Justiciars.

So ... let me get this straight ... since you CAN'T design scenarios (and I should know, being one of the lead designers for Ker Dessel* Studios) as has been AMPLY demonstrated in the past, you CAN'T play (ask anyone who's attempted THAT trick) and so you can't do neither, either ... whatever. Anyway, as to the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread ... I KNOW the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread, I'm the BEST FRIEND of the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread and YOU sir, are NO Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread.

JoeBob, why would ANYONE listen to you? You moved from texas to utah for berli's sake. You know Morman wives! You travel in you job to exotic location like Ohio, and Minnesota. Heck, you even made Boo your Barney Fife.
A flat out, despicable lie sir ... my company has NEVER sent me to Ohio!

So for those of you with a brain cell still alive, unlike those in House Shavian , I actually have three in testing. The one I am offering to Peng, another with a hasty German Defense south of Rome, and a scenario featuring Col. Frost and his misadventures in Tunisia.
...{ahem} ... RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY ...

May it cause you to take Berli's name in vain.

Rune

I would NEVER do such a thing as far as he knows.

*Ker Dessel - When It's Called A Setup For A Reason!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am trying to send Frost and his boys to their doom against Dalem - if the fool doesn't kill himself on his new motorbike first.

What's it called when someone moves straight from "extended adolescence" to "early mid life crisis" without any phase of maturity inbetween? Loser? Software analyst?

Well, I was trying to come up with synonyms for software analyst.

My first ever job - I turn up as a bright eyed and bushy tailed 17 year old student engineer.

"Do you like writing software?" they asked

"No"

"Great, the people who do never bloody finish"

So first three months spent writing a program to help analyse plasma. At the end, they tell me that half way through, the project got cancelled, but they couldn't think of what else to do with me. Tossers. Almost as annoying as MrSpkr, who seems unable to send me a setup, despite my lovingly crafted taunt. Maybe I should have just stuck to tradition and called him a wanker.

Originally posted by rleete:

Sturmsebber and I are just getting underway on a huge map, with small forces. What the hell were you thinking, belching Belgian?

Thinking went out of style a long time ago in Belgium. And i'm trendy and cute, so thinking is not my style either.

<

font color="

BB33C2

">

thank you Herr Berli

<

/

font

>

as you can see it works as good as Adolf's little plan for world domination

<font color="BB33C2">Incompetent Belgian fool!</font>

On the bright side, such stupifying levels of incomprehension bode well. Heh heh heh. You might just be incompetent enough for me to hold my own with in a PBEM. Send me a set up, you caravaggio model you!

Originally posted by Wisbech_lad:

On the bright side, such stupifying levels of incomprehension bode well. Heh heh heh. You might just be incompetent enough for me to hold my own with in a PBEM. Send me a set up, you caravaggio model you!

Hélas my dear, i've got so little time and that greedy Rleete has gotten me all for himself right now. But don't worry, before you know it, i'll be poking you also :D

So, just like every morning, I'm on my way to the post office to pick up our company's mail when I come to a four way stop.

At the same time an older citizen (older than me) pulls up on my right just a bit AFTER I do. Feeling all cheery and happy (it's Thursday and that means tomorrow is Friday) I smile real big and wave for him to go ahead.

He looks straight into my eyes, grimaces, then motions for ME to go ahead. I smile at this selfless attitude, then, once again, wave him to go ahead.

Now he continues to stare at me with this solemn expression on his face, and once again motions me to go ahead.

Shaking my head at his unwillingness to accede to my overwhelming display of kindness, I decide to allow him the pleasure of being the nice guy. So I start to pull out. At the same time, HE starts to pull out.

We both hit the brakes and once again stare at each other. With my cheery attitude somewhat subdued, I mouth the words "GO AHEAD" and then wave to him once more.

He doesn't move. He sits staring at me as if I had placed the "Medussa" curse upon him.

I shrug my shoulders and once again wave him on.

The same blank stare.

I then decide to give up and once again start across, only to have to halt once again as he starts across again.

By this point my good nature has been replaced with the same type of frustration one gets in trying to reason with Joe Shaw. Clearly an impossible task.

I look the old guy right in the eye and very carefully proceed into the interesection. This time he does not move. He does wave at me with one finger, his lips clearly muttering the latest AARP slogans, as I pass in front of him.

I felt like stopping and telling him:

Lissen up you olde fart. I was trying to be nice to you, but you clearly are so hyped up on Geritol that your brain is impaired. So you may kiss my ruddy red cheeks.

The sorry bastige, nobody is nicer than me, and if I see that old codger again I will smash into his car with the impact of a freight train.

Have a nice day!

He does wave at me with one finger, his lips clearly muttering the latest AARP slogans, as I pass in front of him.
Ah very good, he gave you the "Thumbs Up" sign then, very considerate of him considering the unendurable strain you put him under.

Imagine, if you will dear reader, the horror the old fellow felt at having to be stopped at an intersection alongside the shambling wreck (and that's on a good day) that is Jim Boggs. How akin to the feeling that comes over you when you're standing in an elevator and some teen aged creature dressed in black and with the contents of aisle 14 at Ace Hardware stapled to it's face stumbles in after you just before the door closes.

But then it gets worse, Jim Boggs glances up from whatever he was looking at on his lap ... no doubt the order for the paper from his work, scrawled in his habitual crayon (yes he's not actually REQUIRED to use crayon any longer but his work does ENCOURAGE him to conintue using it) ... GITZ PAPUR! ... no DOUBT he was looking at his note ... what else COULD he be looking at ... in any case he looks up and favors the old fellow with a patented Jim Boggs grin. You know the grin, Jack Nicholson in The Shining, Sirius Black in the latest Harry Potter and Jim Carrey in most of his films. JUST the thing to inspire confidence.

Then, as if it could GET any worse, Jim Boggs waves him through the intersection, no doubt gunning his motor at the same time.

Do you WONDER that there is some trepidation on the part of the old chap? Do you WONDER that all he REALLY wants is to see the taillights of Jim Boggs vehicle vanish into the distance?

But no, he has to wait the interminable wait while Jim Boggs checks his rear view mirror, looks both ways ... twice, and then falteringly, with much grinding of gears manages to pull into and through the intersection. All the time favoring the old codger with his collection of bumper stickers ... Gore is a Bore ... I Lost 50 Pounds, Ask Me How ... Don't Laugh, My Car Is A Klingon Battle Cruiser In Disguise. ...

Florida, home of blue hairs, alligators and Jim Boggs.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

All the time favoring the old codger with his collection of bumper stickers ... Gore is a Bore ... I Lost 50 Pounds, Ask Me How ... Don't Laugh, My Car Is A Klingon Battle Cruiser In Disguise. ...

Joe

Joe, clearly you are an idiot. No mistake.

Pretty broad assumption you make here, wouldn't you say.

Pfft!

As if any car I drive still has bumpers.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

All the time favoring the old codger with his collection of bumper stickers ... Gore is a Bore ... I Lost 50 Pounds, Ask Me How ... Don't Laugh, My Car Is A Klingon Battle Cruiser In Disguise. ...

Joe

Joe, clearly you are an idiot. No mistake.

Pretty broad assumption you make here, wouldn't you say.

Pfft!

As if any car I drive still has bumpers. </font>

No I envision YOUR cars as those lovely examples that have the bumper stickers firmly and irrevocably attached to the trunk, thus further enhancing the resale value.

Joe

*Waves at Joe to go ahead while gunning the engine*

Your post merely confirms your complete lack of decorum and good taste.

The only approved decals for usage on your trunk are Nascar decals, Terrorist Hunting Permits, and the very popular (as far as resale value) How's my driving? Call 1-800-Eat ****e.

Now apologise to dalem for getting his hopes up over a "lie, distortion, and manipulation of the truth".

You know how trusting he is.

No I envision YOUR cars as those lovely examples that have the bumper stickers firmly and irrevocably attached to the trunk, thus further enhancing the resale value.

Joe

*Waves at Joe to go ahead while gunning the engine*

Your post merely confirms your complete lack of decorum and good taste.

The only approved decals for usage on your trunk are Nascar decals, Terrorist Hunting Permits, and the very popular (as far as resale value) How's my driving? Call 1-800-Eat ****e.

Now apologise to dalem for getting his hopes up over a "lie, distortion, and manipulation of the truth".

You know how trusting he is. </font>

I replied ... Huh?

Joe

Eliminate all the babbling and pontificating from your posts, peel away the superfluous and irrelevant, then dig down deep to the core of your message and what do we find? </font>

Or rather, having eliminated all the words you DON'T understand, we are left with ... HUH?

Joe

Things I don't understand:

Joe cannot log on to the Forum, so instead of spending the time gainfully playing turns and readying them for transmittal (as clearly his e-mail function was still working), he decides to bombard ALL the unfortunates who found their way into his e-mail address book with his pitiful cries and gnashing of teeth about his horrible misfortune.

Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so.*

*-Courtesy the movie Eight Men Out.