New Uniform Mod Posted + Mod Teasers

Available now at the CM Mod Database: mid-war Luftwaffe mechanized uniforms. The HG division were issued Waffen-SS camo smocks early on and used them in North Africa and Italy, so this it what they have on here. Yes, it does look a lot like my W-SS uniform mod, but if you look closely you'll notice completely different field gear and stuff.

lw_2.jpg

Almost complete is the Italian North Africa uniform set, which I completed about 60% of before CMAK was released! :rolleyes: Here are a few pix to whet your appetite:

Italian infantry

it_inf.jpg

Bersaglieri

bersaglieri.jpg

Bersaglieri HQ detail

it_officer.jpg

Pith helmet detail. I actually managed to fake pretty good bersaglieri and infantry cap badges, despite the mirroring. Too bad about the bersaglieri's plume but oh well. Lots of new detail on the helmet though.

it_detail.jpg

There are no fewer than 4 different types of Italian uniform tunic depicted in this mod set. Pretty cool, huh? :D

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Halftrack... top picture... background. But you already knew that, didn't you?

It almost makes me weep to see how crisp your screenshot is compared to my ancient downrez-prone mac. You may be pleased to know one great thing about your uniforms is they downrez VERY nicely.

tongue.gif Yeah, I knew about it... it's the "hidden teaser" so don't tell anyone.

What kind of Mac are you using. My rig at home is an -- don't laugh -- old 8600 with a 32MB PCI Radeon card and a G3 400 upgrade. Surely you must have something better than that! Disclaimer to add that I have a dual-gig G4 AND a G4 Titanium Powerbook courtesy of my workplace, so it's not like I'm that far behind smile.gif .

The way I get the sharp screenies (the only way) is to make a tiny tiny test map with minimal or no terrain features (I can have a few trees and rocks and stuff with the infantry) and to have maybe one squad of infantry plus a couple HQs or support units and one vehicle on it. Vary as needed, but eventually you'll get something that looks good, I hope. Came as a complete shock to me the first time I managed to get a non-downsampled shot!

plz Michael, i would to have mods of luftwaffe "Hermann Goering" Division in a more continental version ; i mean with grey-blue fliegerbluse and white collar patches ,plus summer side for the smocks

is it possible to make it? :D

ok i know, it takes soo much time to make it but if you can ... ;)

thx for ur good work ,anyways

Phil

"My rig at home is an -- don't laugh -- old 8600 with a 32MB PCI Radeon card and a G3 400 upgrade."

Hah! Believe me, I ain't laughing. I've got a 300 mhz G3 tower with a 16mb card I actually had to install myself because the mac didn't come with a graphics card out of the box!

On the plus side, my work mac is a 400mhz G4 with a 32mb card BUT the sharper screen graphics slow down the frame rate something awful. My blurry old G3 actually runs a lot smoother! :D

Originally posted by MikeyD:

"My rig at home is an -- don't laugh -- old 8600 with a 32MB PCI Radeon card and a G3 400 upgrade."

Hah! Believe me, I ain't laughing. I've got a 300 mhz G3 tower with a 16mb card I actually had to install myself because the mac didn't come with a graphics card out of the box!

On the plus side, my work mac is a 400mhz G4 with a 32mb card BUT the sharper screen graphics slow down the frame rate something awful. My blurry old G3 actually runs a lot smoother! :D

You should get a Radeon or something. I actually bought mine just so I could play CMBO way back when. I guess when CMX2 or whatever comes out I'll force myself to get an OSX machine. But until then... smile.gif

Funny you should mention the framerate thing as my Mac rarely slows down, unless I've got a whole mess of burning buildings and gobs of armor and stuff running around. I guess downsampling has its benefits. :D

A cool mod, but not every man in the Hermann Goring division was issued a Waffen SS smock. Only about 20% of the men received the camoflauge.

@Beorix

The HG Division never wore the blue uniform of the Luftwaffe Field Dvisions.

[ February 04, 2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Dryfear ]

Cool, just checking. I figured you were, everyone here seems to know and be able to recall every minor thing about WW2 from memory. :D I'm a little jealous, I'll admit, hehe. smile.gif I'm nowhere near that, although I do consider the HG division a specialty of mine.

Would you ever consider adding in, or have you already made the Luftwaffe camo? I have a pic of them here, on my website, 3rd picture down:

http://www.angelfire.com/de3/hgpanzer/uniforms.html

[ February 04, 2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Dryfear ]

Originally posted by Dryfear:

Cool, just checking. I figured you were, everyone here seems to know and be able to recall every minor thing about WW2 from memory. :D I'm a little jealous, I'll admit, hehe. smile.gif I'm nowhere near that, although I do consider the HG division a specialty of mine.

Would you ever consider adding in, or have you already made the Luftwaffe camo? I have a pic of them here, on my website, 3rd picture down:

http://www.angelfire.com/de3/hgpanzer/uniforms.html

I don't know all that much, but I'm pretty good at researching smile.gif . The late-war uniform mod will use the LW camo smocks. I know the HG division was out of Italy by mid-1944 but a simple re-numbering will convert them to the earlier uniforms. I made several different LW field division uniform mods for CMBB, which should still be available at CMMods.com.

The HG Division never wore the blue uniform of the Luftwaffe Field Dvisions.
i'm not sure for that ,have u proofs?

i'm a collector and i've seen genuines grey blue fliegerbluse with white collar patches of the HG division,(coming from eastern countries) so i think they never wore any army feldgrau jackets with modified insignias like you have said.. redface.gif

No luck ,i haven't taken any color photos of these items

some photos in grey

I have a color picture of Generalmajor Schmalz, who commanded the HG division late in the war, and he is wearing a greenish gray jacket, although he has on a blue shirt underneath. I can scan it and post it if you want.

It's odd, because I went back and re-read the section on uniforms and it states that they did wear a blue grey uniform. Would this be the same as the regular Luftwaffe blues, or a dyed variant made specifically for the HG Division?

Hmm...I guess I was always wrong about this. I could have swore that they wore feldgrau...maybe it was that one picture that stuck in my mind.

Field gray was used by the tank destroyer and self-propelled units. Some examples of this uniform were also dyed blue grey, as well to signify their Luftwaffe status.

And, of course, the panzer units wore black.

It does state that the field postal service wore Army uniforms, so I am partially correct, lol. :D

Oh, the book is Hermann Goring: from Regiment to Fallschirmpanzerkorps. Great pictures, although none are in color. It has a great history, as well as a detailed analysis of their uniforms. Guess I just forgot it, or never realized it.

Sorry Beorix, hehe.

[ February 05, 2004, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Dryfear ]