CMAK, The Best of the Three....

not because of artwork, sounds, vehicles, theaters, or even the dust. It's the way it plays. They've done many little things with the Tac AI I think, both friendly and enemy. Perhaps other things have been tweaked as well. The sum total of these things makes the firefights signifantly better IMO. It FEELS more realistic, more believable. Friendly and enemy unit behaviour in various situations and under various circumstances is easier to accept, and less frustrating than CMBB. I like it!

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

not because of artwork, sounds, vehicles, theaters, or even the dust. It's the way it plays. They've done many little things with the Tac AI I think, both friendly and enemy. Perhaps other things have been tweaked as well. The sum total of these things makes the firefights signifantly better IMO. It FEELS more realistic, more believable. Friendly and enemy unit behaviour in various situations and under various circumstances is easier to accept, and less frustrating than CMBB. I like it!

Hello Mike!

It's all 'cause of wine. The programming of CMAK were extremely lubricated by copious consumption...

Charl Theron

logo.gif

---------------------------------------

“I am simultaneously embarrassed and proud to state for the record that only two bottles of your fine South African wines remain in my wine rack. The rest gave their lives honorably in the service of the construction of CMAK over the past several months.” -- Charles Moylan, 28 Nov. 2003)

I've been playing the demo at work with no sound.

Loaded it at home last night and the thing I immediatley noticed was that the sound has vastly improved, although to be honest I hadn't noticed it needed improving.

I'm playing Line of Defence and there is a wicked firefight going on. The different sounds of each of the m/c guns are so much clearer and I can hear the end of the clip in the US rifles. Engine noises, voices all sound better. It's fantastic, very immersive.

Does this partially explain why I've somehow got to find 2 gig on my already overburdened hard-drive?

Cheers

Ed

Hi WineCape!

Is the next shipment of the fine nectar on its way to them? They're working on another game for us right now. Don't let them dry out. :D

Runyan99,

I don't think I want to know the exact little tweaks they've made. I have some ideas; but this is one area of the game I'm not going to try to analyze. It's more fun just enjoying the way the troops conduct themselves during firefights. I don't think having a list of tweaks will improve my game. If I did think that, I'd want a list.

Very much agreed Treeburst. The TacAI has really been tweaked nicely creating more realistic behavior. I must say I noticed some better handling by the computer of heavy tanks. Really caught me by surprise to find a heavy standing off, nailing one of my tanks and then repositioning to wack another one of my tanks. Don't think I ever saw the AI handle a tank as well or even better than most humans. Of course, it's made some boneheaded moves too, but it was nice to see a really superb handling of a tank by the AI.

Did see the expected ai defender ill-considered counterattack. Of course, would have to see some more battles to find out if that AI strategic incompetence was fixed.

The EFOW seems to be a slight bit foggier too, an improvement in my opinon.

It's all very subtle, but I'm really pleased with the tuning Charles has done.

"I immediatley noticed was that the sound has vastly improved"

And you're just on the demo with 1/2 res sound! You should hear the full game with a pair of quality headphones clamped on your head. Yikes!

This thread deserves a bump, to compete with those other "The game is ruined for me because the cloud graphics are too fleecy!" threads ;):D