Okay, about the CMX development...2 Things...

1. Someone suggested a seperate forum...I vote (as if it were a democracy) that this be implemented.

2. I realize that the question, "So when..." is not going to get answered, and frankly, I applaud this approach. However, how about "Could you tell us what you're up to?". Queuing theory (did I spell that right) would suggest that people in a queue tend to be more patient when they have a sense of where in queue they are, and how long they have to wait. Though you can't satisfy the 2nd of these compulsions, perhaps you could satisfy the first. Not to mention, I'm frickin curious as a gamer what the development cycle for this kind of project looks like, and I'd like to follow along.

Meanwhile, I've been playing CMBB and CMAK for all of a couple months now, and man, I love it. I've played around 30 PVP scenerios with my buddy* and lost every one except 2 (2xdraws) and still can't get enough.

*buddy=retired army Major, Armour School, graduate of the Royal Military College, 30 years of tactical training...I'm not feeling bad yet...and I'm getting closer to kicking his a55. smile.gif

They have told that, as before, there is no new forum until the demo is out. It also seems that the best way to get bits of (dis?)information out of Steve et al is not to ask for bits of information but to get their interest with an intelligent discussion about some elements of the game (like borg spotting).

Go over to their 'T72:Balkans on Fire' board, look over those game screenshots (they've got some new ones up), and just imagine what CMx2 is going to eventually look like. ;)

By the way, the collected BFC bones thing has already been done a couple times. (maybe 2-3 months ago?). Just look for an older CMx2 thread that's 5-6 pages big.

I'm more interested in your buddy, has he tried Pbem, sounds like he would make for great competition. Stop letting him just chew on you, tell him there is a few out here that would like some of that action. A few victories against a army major would make my day! Must be that Marine blood in me. Hurrah

Originally posted by Vedric:

MikeyD, Is that the same engine CMx2 will be using? Looks nice enough but I know little about it.

Since T-72 seems to be finished

and CMX2 is still in development

there is little chance its the same game engine

but I am confident that the graphics in CMX2

will meet or exceed the graphics quality in T-72

Another important question (at least for me) is which theater of operation / period of history will be treated in CMx2...?

Is there a small sign, in the queue, to inform people for what kind of game they're actually waiting for ?

Sly,

Well, when I moved to a rural area and went from high speed cable internet to dial up, I suggested it might be better to PBEM, but he's done that and can't stand it. So instead we play by waiting 4min between moves for data transfer. :(

That said, I'm sure he'd be interested in giving some other competition a go.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'm no fool...I'm an analyst by profession (Industrial Engineering), and I've read everything I can soak up about this game, historical tactics etc... and I'm really only now starting to give him a run...still haven't beaten him yet though...f'er!

Like I said, he's retired so he can play during the day, so if you want to gimme some contact information, I can pass it on.

athlete

I'm out in the country also so high speed is not really a option here either. For me PBEM is really the only way I can play, lucky to sit down for more than a hour or two and play and I really do not know when I am going to fit it in the day but normally just somehow do. So I will pass on trying to set something up. Thanks for the response.

As far as intelligence, most people in this hobby are well above the average Joe Level, but all the knowledge in the world does not create a player that is tactically smart. There is more to it than just applying principals, there is almost a art form to it at times. Someone that is above the rest in this skill normally has many different traits that they excel in that come together as they play or use their talents. You can find that this is a hobby that you can learn for your entire life and still have not learned to master it all.

Your friend is one of these types of people, so

you can learn much from him, but good luck on beating him on the battlefield, even the pretend

one.